Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Urban Decay Mariposa Holiday Palette


As you know I am a HUGE Urban Decay fan. So when I saw that they were putting out another palette for the holiday season, I jumped at the chance to order it as soon as it became available on the Sephora website. The Mariposa (butterfly in Spanish) palette is a Sephora exclusive and runs $39.00. It has 10 shadows in it and it comes in a small metal tin that is quite difficult for me to open. That may just be because I have some nerve issues. I am not sure how many of them are new or not, but I have not seen a few of them before (that may just be because I missed them in previous palettes).




The shadows are: Rockstar (shimmery dark purple), Gunmetal (shimmery dark silver), Skimp (light shimmery peachy nude), Infamous (shimmery fuchsia), Wreckage (shimmery taupe bronze), Haight (shimmery teal), Money (light shimmery bluish silver), Mushroom (medium shimmery taupe silver), Spotlight (shimmery golden taupe) and Limelight (medium gold). It also comes with a small synthetic brush. I immediately took it out to use for lipstick. The brush was small and seemed to usable for that!




For this look I am wearing Infamous in my crease. Then I took Rockstar and used it to defined the crease more. On the outer edge of the lid I used Rockstar and then under the eye to define it. I used Spotlight on the lid and Skimp under the brow. I used Sephora's liquid liner in #14 Fancy Violet. Mascara was MAC's Opulash Optimum in Black. My blush is Clinique's Shimmering Tones Powder in Black Honey. On the lips I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Hush over Sephora's Nano lip liner in #07 Cheery Chestnut.











I am not sure about the other colors but I found Infamous to be rather chalky when I applied it. I was somewhat disappointed because Urban Decay eyeshadows are known for their pigmentation and smoothness when applied. It did pull some too. I used the shadows over Urban Decay Primer Potion, as usual. When I did the swatches, the other shadows seem to go on well so I am hoping it was just the one.


Overall this palette seems to have a lot of the same shadows that we have seen. I wish that there had been some new shadows like they usually do in all the palettes that they come out with, especially for the $39.00 price tag! I also wish that Infamous wasn't so chalky, since I love any shadow from the purple family, as you see it brings out the green in my eyes and makes them pop. Any comments? Questions?


REMEMBER: To Enter the Giveaway You Need to Either Subscribe to Me on Twitter or Google Friend Connect. The Drawing will be held on 10/01/11. Thanks for Reading!

5 comments:

  1. I think this is very pretty. Infamous really does bring out the green in your eyes. I'm glad to know that many of the shadows are repeats; was thinking about this as a holiday gift for a big UD fan, but may reconsider. I love seeing the ways you wear what many consider to be unconventional shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yeah, I am one of the only 40 year old women around that goes around with bright purple eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing makeup! Expert editors. Once the writers from https://expertpaperwriter.com/slader-review/ have completed handling your paper, we will ensure that it is free from grammar mistakes and follows all the instructions sent by you. It is made possible by allowing a team of qualified editors to countercheck both the task and its solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have written a very informative article. This is very helpful and useful for girls. I really appreciate your eyeshadow color, which is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your many shades of colour with us. Now it's time to get stafford taxit for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such nice information is provided in this article. I think your eye makeup is very interesting and helpful for girls. I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. Keep sharing more articles with us. Now it's time to get Siding Services in Paramus NJ for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty