Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hard Candy

Remember the cute little nail polish bottles with rings? Yes, that was Hard Candy. What happened to them? Well, if you haven’t stepped into your local Wal-Mart lately, then you are missing one of the best gems than can be found in mass merchandise. Hard Candy is a makeup brand that was introduced during the fast paced 90’s, when the internet first became a boom for cosmetic purchases. In the latter part of this decade the company decided to refocus and they made the wise move into Wal-Mart. Not only that, but the whole line has been redesigned. For the better, I might add. The appeal is still geared towards tweens and teens but also to young adults.

Let’s look at some of the great items they have. My two favorite items are Walk the Line liquid liner in Fuchsia (a gorgeous shimmery lavender) and Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara in Purple Haze (lavender). Used together these items really bring out the green in my eyes. Their lipstick is highly pigmented too. I have No. 200, Fire Alarm, a creamy nude tone.
100_8281100_8282100_8283100_8280
I recently received some eyeshadows and a bronzer to try and I am loving those too. Kal-eye-descope Baked Eyeshadow Duo in Rush Hour (shimmery peach/shimmery taupe brown) is a very nice neutral duo to wear for a daily look. Then there is my perfect bronzer, So Baked Bronzer in Tiki, a light shimmery golden gold. For evening or if you want a smokey eye you should try Meteor-eyes Baked Eyeshadow in Black Hole (matte Black with veins of silver). What I really like about their baked items are that they are extremely pigmented, so there is a good amount of payoff.

100_8231100_8291100_8230100_8232

What I don’t like is that every time I go to Wal-Mart most of the items are gone, so it is hard for me to get a hold of the good stuff! That just shows that the new line has good quality. Hard Candy seems to have made the right decision to go in this direction.

100_8256100_8269100_8271

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty look...and from Walmart, too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hopefully artists can make a nice look out of any range of makeup. I feel that lately I am getting better. I want more people to practice on! Hint...

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty