Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

REVIEW: MAC FOR GARETH PUGH

100_9240100_9238100_9242100_9241100_9243100_9244100_9245

100_9246

 

At certain times of the year MAC always puts out a collection that is tied to a fashion designer. This year they went with Gareth Pugh. He is known for being avant garde and artistic in style, similar to Alexander McQueen. The collection MAC went for is definitely Pugh’s style. I am only going to review the items I purchased.

I bought the Elude beauty powder, Restrict Cremesheen lipstick, Vacant lipglass, Deceit pigment and Guise pigment. There are a number of other items that came out but some were not on the site when I purchased and some were not colors that I thought would look good on me.

The Elude Beauty Powder ($60) is disappointing. I thought it would have more color to it. Basically it is an expensive powder. Very little color, a light cream. I am actually going to send it back and I never send products back. That is how upset I am about the product. Next we have the two pigments. These I love. There is Deceit ($32), a rich dark purple that is highly pigmented. It goes on very smoothly. Guise ($32) is a very shimmery silver also goes on very smoothly. It is more like the crushed metal pigments that MAC puts out. The lipstick, Restrict ($22) is a medium nude tone cremesheen formula and I haven’t worn it yet but when swatched it produced a nice color on my wrist. Finally, the Vacant lipglass ($22), which is a beautiful shimmery lilac color, goes on very nice and has the normal amount of payoff the you expect from a lipglass.

 

 

100_9272100_9247100_9274100_9266100_9259100_9264100_9262

My look starts with Elude Beauty Powder over my foundation. I used Deceit pigment in the crease of the eye, in the outer corner and underneath the eye. Guise was used on the lid and under the brow. I used MAC’s False Lashes mascara in Black and for lining I used Sephora’s #13 Glitter Violet on the upper lid. For blush I used Pleasure Flush Mineralize Powder. On the lips I used a medium lip liner, MAC’s Pro Longwear Lip Liner in Morning Coffee all over the lips and then put Vacant gloss all over the top of the liner.

I think the look comes out to be a very nice one, with the eyes very smoky and really making my eyes look green. However, the items are WAY too expensive and you are paying for the designer name. I did because I love MAC and I wanted the colors. I really wanted the pigments. I think these should be up on www.maccosmetics.com next week. As I mentioned before, there are some other items, like Metal-X eyeshadows, that were not available for purchase. I am not sure I would get those though because last time they came out with them they ended up creasing a lot. Overall I am happy with everything except the Beauty Powder.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job & I really appreciate for sharing this blog. You can also take a look at haute her Lip Products and facial cream tips

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty