Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

STILA’S POSITIVE AND PRETTY PALETTE

100_8743100_8744100_8745

Stila is on its way to back to the company’s glory days with its latest introductions of these cute little palettes that are accessible and affordable. The Positive and Pretty palette ($14.00, www.stilacosmetics.com) is an adorable little palette that not only has great shadows and blushes but some of the proceeds of the sales will be donated to the Foundation for Living Beauty. Their goal empower women to reduce their cancer risk, increase their self-esteem, physical wellness and have emotional stability after coping with the affects of chemotherapy. For more information about the Foundation for Living Beauty go to www.livingbeauty.org.

 

100_8755100_8769100_8774100_8756100_8763100_8761100_8762

 

I found the shadows and blushes in this palette to have great pigmentation. As you can see from the photos, they work well for my coloring. The four shadows are: Gift (slightly shimmery cream), Passion (matte light pink), Positive (shimmery plum) and Beauty (matte berry plum). The two blushes are: Pretty (bright berry pink) and Empower (medium berry plum).

For this look I used Beauty in the crease and on the outer edge of the lid the lined under the eye with it. I took Positive and used it on the lid, even though it is a strong color it came out very nicely and made my eyes pop. Under the brow I used Gift and blended Beauty with it. I used Stila’s Sparkle Waterproof liquid liner in Rock Candy (shimmery bronze) and Maybelline’s Lots of Lashes Great Lash Mascara in Black. On my cheeks I wanted to contour them with the blushes so I took Empower and used it under the cheek and then swooshed Pretty on Top of it. I felt the look needed a very light pink lip, and Inglot has a nice light lipstick in 413 that fit that very well. I used that color over Urban Decay’s Naked lip liner.

I love this look and the palette. I like that Stila seems to be on the road to redemption. I miss their original style. While that may never come back, what they are offering now is definitely great stuff. A+ from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty