Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, November 7, 2011

URBAN DECAY’S MIDNIGHT EMERGENCY KIT

100_8669100_8670100_8671100_8672
Okay, so I am a sucker for palettes. Especially Urban Decay palettes. I saw that they were coming out with this one and I said oh yeah, how cute is this! These shadows make the perfect neutral eye. It retails for $39.00 on www.urbandecay.com, and is exclusive to their website.
There are four shadows in the palette: Midnight Cowboy (glittery, shimmery light beige), Midnight Rodeo (NEW, shimmery medium taupe), Midnight 15 (shimmery light taupe) and AC/DC (shimmery mauve). It also comes with Midnight Cowboy Lip Junkie lipgloss and an eye shadow brush.

100_8738100_8728100_8729100_8730100_8739100_8742

I wore the shadows like this: Midnight Rodeo in the crease (as you can see it is a light color but does provide a lot of payoff), AC/DC on the outer edge of the lid and underneath the eye (usually this color has more payoff but in this palette seems to be lacking that), Midnight 15 on the lid (I could barely see the shadow on my lid) and Midnight Cowboy under the brow (this shadow always seems to have good payoff). As you can see from the swatch photo Midnight 15 doesn’t even show up on my arm, while the others show up fine. For liquid liner I used Demolition 24/7 Liquid Liner (matte dark brown) and Maybelline Falsies Volume Express in Black Mascara. On my cheeks I used Giorgio Armani Blush #1, a very light cool pink tone. My lips are glossy with Midnight Cowboy Lip Junkie gloss (shimmery light beige).

My final verdict with this palette is that it is okay but not worth the $39.00 since the two of the shadows really don’t have much payoff. If I am paying a lot for something like this I expect the usual Urban Decay quality that they have earned throughout the years. This palette is sadly lacking in that quality.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. OH, I Love the eye shadows you wear.But I think it's a little expensive.
    Thank you for the post and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great compliment! I thought this one was a little expensive too. Plus the usual Urban Decay quality wasn't there. Too bad because it is a cute little palette. :(

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty