Let's Get Social!

 photo twitter_zps394ac1c7.png  photo facebook_zps5fd68500.png  photo google_zps3463a2a5.png  photo pinterest_zps0b02c191.png photo tumblr_zps50bcf1d7.png  photo bloglovin_zps01ab9908.png  photo instagram_zpsc55da521.png  photo rss_zps35b67037.png

Saturday, January 28, 2012


Recently I had a number of people asking about my lips and how they were done. So I thought I would show you in photos. I will try and do a video tutorial too. I will also be covering the eye makeup as I thought it looked pretty good today. And I have a gripe!
In the first photo you can see my lips are just covered with foundation to act as a base for the lipliner, the foundation I use varies every day. Today I used Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam. Then I cover my entire lip with lipliner, a light nude brown color. In this second photo you can see that my lips are covered with Cover Girl lipliner in Sublime. I go beyond the boundary of my lipline to create a fuller lip. In the third photo you can see that my lips have lipgloss on them. I decided to use Stila Sparkle Luxe Lipgloss in Fairy Dust, a Pink-Melon tone.

For the rest of my makeup today, I used Urban Decay eyeshadows on my eyes. I used Last Call (gorgeous shimmery dark purple mauve) in the crease, on the outer edge of the lid and under the eye. Then I used Sin (dark shimmery beige) on the lid and Polyester Bride (glittery shimmery white) under the brow. To line the upper lid I used Illamaqua’s Precision Ink in Havoc (burgundy). For mascara I used Maybelline’s Great Lash Lots of Lashes in Black. On the cheeks I used the new Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral (peachy coral).
I do have a big gripe with the Dream Bouncy Blush. I went to use it and I tried it. It was difficult to use. I finally was able to build some up with my fingers after severaluses but then the silly blush collapsed! I don’t recommend this. So now I have a cute colored blush that is collapsed and that doesn’t really deposit any color. I may take it back to Walgreens. It was expensive too!!!! Has anyone else found this to be a problem?


  1. I like the American Beauty blush from Kohl's. Good amount of pigment, don't need too much to get a nice color.

  2. I think you should ditch the liner or at least keep it within your lipline. It looks dated.

  3. Anonymous, thanks for the comment. Personally, I think my top lip line is horrible looking so I line outside to make it look fuller. Otherwise it looks like a funky cupid's bow. And then I FEEL uncomfortable with how I look. Since makeup should make you feel good, that is how I plan on keeping it. I get compliments all the time on my lips.

  4. I think it's interesting what you are doing. I have done something like it in the past .. and while I don't have too much problem with the shape of my lips my bow is becoming uneven (or maybe it always was and I never noticed).. but I do use lip liner and I use lots of color to deposit and even stains to get the right base and then layer it on.. I think I have 5 lip colors on today
    love the eyes.

  5. I love the colors you used. very nice! I have the same probs with the blush....I had the color plum wine and it broke the second I used it. The color payoff was ok....i needed more times to build the color up. My drugstore didnt take it back.
    Sayuri :)

  6. Glad I am not the only one with the Dream Bouncy Blush issue. It must be hollow underneath. Too bad because the colors are very nice!


What Is Your Skin Type? Take The Quiz To Find Out!

Most Popular Posts!