Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I’M IN THE MOOD FOR BRONZE

100_1474100_1475100_1476100_1478100_1486100_1484100_1485

Even though it’s raining I am in the mood to do a bronze look. Yesterday I did a bright look with some Maybelline colors (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/04/steamy-summer-look-with-maybelline.html). I usually look good with warm tones, so bronze would be a natural color to turn to for me.

On the eyes I am wearing Tarte’s Beauty & The Box In The Buff. I will admit that originally the cute little box of shadows came with color names but I threw them away, so I am just going to go with color descriptions. There are four shadows in the little box that looks similar to the Benefit blush boxes. If you read me often enough, you know how I do my eyes and can guess what comes next!

I used the shimmery mauve brown in the crease, it went on very light. I then used the dark shimmery brown in the crease to make it look deeper since I have hooded eyes. That color was then used on the outer edge of the crease and underneath the eye to define the eye. Then I took the shimmery golden bronze and placed it on the lid. The shimmery brown and shimmery gold both had good color pigmentation and payoff. The last color, a very light shimmery cream, was used under the brow. It completely disappeared and had no pigmentation. The shadows also had a lot of fallout. I give the shadow box and so-so rating. To line my eyes I used Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner in Golden Plum (a very beautiful raisin color). I found it went on okay but a huge chunk of it broke off as I was lining my eyes. That made me upset. For mascara I used Maybelline’s Great Lash Lots of Lashes in Black.

Something I was really excited about is the Stila Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Bronze. Most bronzers are too dark for me, so I am always looking for a bronzer that will look good on me. I decided to try this one. It looks very dark in the pan but went on very light and did not darken or oxidize on my skin. On my lips I used Victoria’s Secret Color Lust Lip Lacquer in Simmer (pink-brown with pink shimmer). I usually don’t’ use Victoria’s Secret cosmetics but I had a coupon so I got this and an eye palette I am going to review. I find the lipgloss is very sticky, similar to MAC’s Lipglass. This one is a clickable gloss with a brush. I prefer a doe-foot applicator.

I would love any comments, especially if you have tried some of the Tarte products. I have just started using Tarte and I am not as happy with them as I am with other lines. Especially the eyeliners. Every time I use one of the eyeliners, a huge chunk breaks off and I lose a large portion of the liner. That is a huge waste of money!

100_1488100_1489100_1501100_1491100_1509100_1504100_1498

Don’t forget to enter the Keranique Hair Product Giveaway. There is Shampoo, Conditioner and Root Lifting Spray totaling $90. Enter here: http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/04/keranique-giveaway-worth-90.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty