Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR OF THE YEAR: TANGERINE TANGO

100_1135100_1136100_1137100_1138100_1139100_1140100_1141100_1142
Coral. Lots of coral. Orange even. Tangerine Tango, that is the color of the year according to Pantone and Sephora. I had mentioned this in a previous entry mainly because I had read it and every single cosmetics line came out with some form of coral tone that would fit with almost any skin tone. Now if you look at the pictures above, this set is special. It will work for just a few people. I am lucky enough to be one of those people! I love orange and coral. Pantone is the world’s leading authority on color. They provide color systems for graphic arts and paints.They also determine what will be the key colors for fashion and design each year. The Color of the Year kit was originally sold for $118 at Sephora and www.sephora.com but is now $68. The lipgloss set is $20 and contains four different variations on the same hue: Tangerine Tango. In the Color of the Year kit you get: an eyeliner in Tangerine Tango Twist, an eyeshadow quad, Chrome blush in Apricot Brandy, blush duo in Desert Flower and Coral, lipstick in Tangerine Tango cream and lipgloss in Tangerine Tango Luminous. The lipgloss set contains various shades of the Tangerine Tango lipgloss: Tangerine Tango Vivid, Tangerine Tango Luminous, Tangerine Tango Glaze and Tangerine Tango Opal.

100_1144100_1158100_1156100_1175100_1170100_1152100_1153
For this look I took the eyeshadow quad and wore Sparrow (matte dark gray) in the crease, Pavement (shimmery charcoal) deep in the crease and on the outer edge of the eye and under the eye. Then I took Carnelian (shimmery coral) and placed it on the lid and Scallop Shell (shimmery cream) under the brow. I lined with the Tangerine Tango Twist liner on the upper lid and used Maybelline’s Lots of Lashes in Black for mascara.
I used the blush duo, mixing the two colors, on my cheeks. For my lips I decided to go with something shimmery. I used Tangerine Tango Opal (bright coral with pink shimmer) for my lips over a nude brown liner. My foundation today is Garnier’s BB cream.
I think this is a look I can pull off because I have red hair and blue/green eyes, with a fair/neutral complexion. I really love these colors and I think they would look awesome in summer too! Comment if you can wear them or have purchased anything from this collection. As of today Sephora has this front and center on their website.

1 comment:

  1. The tangerine color is quite captivating.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty