Let's Get Social!

 photo twitter_zps394ac1c7.png  photo facebook_zps5fd68500.png  photo google_zps3463a2a5.png  photo pinterest_zps0b02c191.png photo tumblr_zps50bcf1d7.png  photo bloglovin_zps01ab9908.png  photo instagram_zpsc55da521.png  photo rss_zps35b67037.png

Thursday, April 19, 2012

STEAMY SUMMER LOOK WITH MAYBELLINE BRIGHTS

100_1427100_1428100_1430100_1431


For summer Maybelline decided they were going all out with a bright palette of colors that is reminiscent of hot summer nights spent in a steamy colorful beach south of the equator. Yes, I know I am too pale to pull this off but hey, I love bright colors! I thought I could at least try!

When I looked at the entire display I was agog with excitement but I held back and purchased only a few items because they were Buy One, Get One 50% Off. I got two eyeshadow duos, Fine In Fiji (light shimmery lilac pink and bright shimmery purple) and Oriental Spice (bright shimmery coral and dark shimmery bronze brown). I bought a Color Sentational Lipstick in Caribbean Coral Luster (very bright coral) and Line Express Eyeliner in Getaway Green (bright shimmery acid green). I didn’t use the eyeliner in this look.

On the eyes I took the bright purple from the Fine in Fiji duo and used it in the crease. I ten took the bronze color from the Oriental Spice duo and used it on the outer corner of the lid and underneath the eye. I used the coral from the duo on the lid. Under the brow I used the lilac pink tone from the Fine in Fiji duo. For mascara I used Maybelline’s Lots of Lashes Great Lash in Black.

I didn’t buy any of the bronzers from the summer collection because they were too dark for me, but for this look I used Benefit’s La Bamba coral blush. I thought it would look very nice. I used a light nude lip liner on my lips and then applied the Caribbean Coral Luster lipstick. It is very shiny and bright, just the kind of coral I have been wearing this year. Maybe when summer rolls around I will use a spray tan and then try these colors again. Just a bit of HEALTHY tanned skin (spray only please!) and these colors will pop!

100_1432100_1452100_1451100_1443100_1438

What Is Your Skin Type? Take The Quiz To Find Out!

Most Popular Posts!