Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, April 9, 2012

TOO FACED’S TINTED BEAUTY BALM: REVIEW

100_1261
As I mentioned the other day in my review of Stila’s beauty balm, just about everyone is jumping on the beauty balm bandwagon. Too Faced Cosmetics also recently came out with a beauty balm. Theirs is $32.00 for 1.5 oz., they consider it a foundation rather than a primer and it comes in four colors: Vanilla Glow, Cream Glow, Nude Glow and Beach Glow. I purchased Vanilla Glow, the lightest color. From the Too Faced website: the product has light diffusing pigments to add radiance to the skin, it has a multi-mineral complex to prevent damage , it moisturizes with oil-free ingredients, it is hypo-allergenic and it has a broad spectrum mineral SPF 20 sunscreen.
100_1263
When I first tried it I found the Vanilla Glow color extremely yellow. I applied it to my whole face and used powder. The yellow did seem to dissipate and my skin looked fine. Even though it is listed under foundations, I think it has extremely light coverage. I would not use it as a foundation if you have too many imperfections to cover. My skin is in good condition, so I find that it works better as a tinted moisturizer. I think the Stila HD product has a little more coverage even though they list it as a primer. Go figure. Missha makes a good Beauty Balm, as does Illamasqua. The one from Illamasqua is a foundation and Beauty Balm rolled into one that is a fabulous product. Expensive, but fabulous. If you want a tinted moisturizer, can handle the yellow tint and are willing to shell out $32, then this one is for you. Available where Too Faced Cosmetics are sold (www.toofaced.com, www.sephora.com, www.ulta, www.beauty.com, SEPHORA and Ulta).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty