Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

REVIEW OF SOME NEW, INTERESTING ITEMS THAT I LIKE!

100_1979100_1980100_1989100_1990100_1986100_1985

I went to Rite-Aid yesterday and lucked upon some new displays. As of this week the Revlon items are 40% off at Rite-Aid. First, L’Oreal has a new mascara out: Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Vinyl False Lash Effect. That is a lot to say, but in the end you wind up with thick, black lashes that shine. In the pictures above I am wearing the mascara in the color Black Lacquer and I normally have very pale blonde lashes. This mascara gives me volume and lots of color to my lashes that I normally do not have. I also did not have any major clumping, which I found happened with the other False Fiber Mascara. So far, so good!

Next I picked up Revlon’s Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick. Two colors, a light one on one end that is used all over the lid and under the brow. Then a darker one that is used in the crease and the outer corner and under the eye if needed. I picked up 201 Torch (beige and bronze) and 210 Flare (lilac and violet). I didn’t use any primer on my eyes prior to application to see if this stays for a long time. I did apply powder afterwards though. It did blend well and apply like a dream!

Next is Revlon’s Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup. This is supposed to stay 24 hours. I am extremely skeptical but I will give it a try since summer is on the horizon. I purchased the lightest color, 150 Buff. It looked much darker in the pot but when applied did go on very light and was easily blended. After my regular powder was applied it looked great. I am really liking this so far and I will update this once the day is up to see how it lasted.

Finally, at Ulta the other day I noticed Butter Nail polish came out with lipgloss (LIPPY). They had some okay colors but I really thought the only cute color so far was Trout Pout (medium pink with a hint of coral). When applied (doe foot applicator), this lipgloss has great pigmentation and is very nice. It really has good coverage and shine. I think if they come out with some more colors I will be purchasing more of them! These are also available online at www.ulta.com for $17.00.
Let me know if you have purchased these and have opinions on them. I would love to hear them. Thanks!

UPDATE: I wore the Revlon foundation all day and it stayed on wonderfully! I am wearing it again today. I was surprised that the color looked much darker in the jar but when applied was perfect on my skin. It went on very well, dried nicely and melded into the skin. It definitely lasted 16 hours, which is long enough for me. 

The eye crayon from Revlon looked smudged after a long day, which is not surprising to me. The mascara wore pretty well. But I have found that it doesn't live up to a lacquer like color on the lashes. The Butter lipgloss lasted a long time on my lips and really had lots of pigment, so I was very happy about that. I think it was worth the money.

100_1972100_1973100_1974100_1978100_1977100_1634100_1635

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty