Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Thursday, June 7, 2012

HAUL FROM HAUTE LOOK! LORAC GREATEST HITS CD2: REVIEW

100_2636
Haute Look Haute Lookis one of those clearing houses for fashion, makeup and home goods. For people like me, it is a wondrous place. During their latest LORAC event I was able to procure a number of wonderful items at rock bottom prices. Today I am reviewing the LORAC Greatest Hits CD 2 ($10.00, Haute Look). It is the cool toned one, plum colors. I count myself neutral in nature, able to luckily wear both warm and cool tones. The plums in this palette are quite nice. The shadows are pigmented, have little to no fallout, the blush is also pigmented and the lipgloss is smooth going on without being the slightest bit sticky. Often Haute Look will have LORAC once a month or so and the same items will pop up, which means that you can pick up some great deals. I have a number of other items I am going to review from LORAC that I purchased during this event. I really recommend checking the site out for this brand or other brands you might want to find at good prices.

100_2659100_2653100_2643100_2656100_2646100_2650100_2649
To get this look I used Innocence (shimmery lavender) eyeshadow in the main part of the crease. I then used Eggplant (matte dark eggplant purple) just below it to deepen the crease and in the outer part of the lid and below the eye to line the lower lid. Pink Mist (light pastel lavender) was used on the lid. Shimmer (shimmery white) was used under the brow and in the inner corner of the eye. On the cheeks I used the blush, called Plum (a matte plum color). The really nice color is the lipgloss, Amethyst (shimmery plum brown). I added Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Liner in 8 (bright shimmery purple) to line the upper lid. It really made the eyes pop in color. Mascara is Maybelline’s Mega Plush in Black. There is a lip/cheek tint in Plum that looks really dark that I didn't try today. I will another time. I really like today’s look over yesterday’s. Of course, it helps that I am feeling much better today. If you feel good, you look good!

1 comment:

  1. I got this CD palette a few years back as a gift. I haven't used the lip/cheek tint since I first got it, but back then it was a little sheerish. Might not be now since it's probably a bit dryer.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty