Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, July 2, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature: Look Part 2

100_3702

This is the second look I am doing from the MAC Heavenly Creature series of items. My goal is to see if these items are worth purchasing. The other day I did a look with a couple of the mineralize eyeshadows and one of the new cremesheen lipglosses. Today I am using one of the new mineralize blushes, a couple of the new eyeshadows and the new Extend Play Lash mascara.

100_3656100_3654100_3589100_3652100_3659100_3705100_3658

For this look I used the following shadows ($20.00 each): Universal Appeal (purple, brown and gold swirl), Bright Moon (light blue, silver and slate blue swirl) and Invincible Light (lavender, gold and white shimmer). For blush I used Solar Ray ($23.50, pink and gold shimmer). Lipstick is Cusp of Dawn Lustre ($14.50, nude shimmer). I also used Midnight Snack Fluidline ($15.00, gray shimmer). For mascara I wanted to try the new Extend Play Lash in Endlessly Black ($15.00).

100_3661100_3662100_3667100_3666100_3673100_3668100_3681

This look is very similar to my others. I took the darker shade, Universal Appeal, and used it in the crease, the outer edge of the lid and under the eye. I then used Bright Moon on the lid. Invincible Light was used lightly under the brow. Midnight Snack Fluidline was used to line the upper lid. I took the new mascara, Extend Play Lash and used it on both the upper and lower lid. It is a lengthening mascara only.

Solar Ray blush was used high up on the cheek bones. After a light layer of lipliner, I used Cusp of Dawn lipstick. It is a lustre formula, so it has medium pigmentation.

Verdicts: These shadows have more pigmentation than the ones I used the other day. Universal Appeal gets muddied into a gray tone but definitely has good payoff. Bright Moon goes on light blue, not bright blue. I like Solar Ray blush a lot. It makes a beautiful blush. I toned it down for this look but the color goes on a pretty pinky-coral. Cusp of Dawn lipstick is meh. The Extend Play Lash does a great job of lengthening my lashes, as you can see in the photos. Are these shadows worth the money? Probably not. The blush might be. I really like the mascara though. I think I need to get over my addiction to mineralized shadows. I mean it. Now. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty