Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stila In The Know Palette: Another Look

100_4519100_4520

Often when palettes come out I like to do two looks just to give everyone an idea of what the versatility is of the colors. I mentioned yesterday (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/07/stila-in-know-palette-review.html) that this palette really leans toward the warmer side. Today I thought I would do a warm look that plays off those tones.

100_4605

For today’s look I used Fire (matte bright terracotta) in the crease, outer edge of the lid and under the eye. I used Wind (matte medium warm cream tone) on the lid and under the brow Air (light matte cream). Then to line my lid I used an old Urban Decay liquid liner, Roach. I used Maybelline’s Volume Express Mega Plush Lash in Black. I found Fire to be very pigmented, so much that I wanted to tone it down. Air was okay, it added just a bit of depth to the lid. The top row of colors are all variations on light matte creams I think. There are Clay and Desert, which are old Stila colors.

On my cheeks and lips I found inspiration in an old MAC summer collection. I used X-Rocks Sheertone Shimmer Blush (shimmery dark rose bronze) on my cheeks. My lips are shimmery with Sunsonic Frost lipstick (shimmery light gold). Even though the palette is for fall, using some other summer colors brings it back to a transitional summer color base.

100_4572100_4580100_4585100_4593100_4595100_4583

 

Again, the In The Know palette is only available from www.stilacosmetics.com right now for $39.00. If you enjoy warm colors and some medium tones then you would enjoy this. The lighter colors have okay pigmentation, not the greatest. There is some fallout. They do blend well, which is good. As I mentioned yesterday, this palette reminds me of the great shadows from Stila’s past. Especially Fire, which I am loving today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty