Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Palette in Muse

104_5218104_5219

Fall is just a month away and the fall color collections are in full force. Smashbox has jumped on the bandwagon with the smoky eye trend and I am happy to say I love what they have done! I tried the Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette in Muse ($39.00) and let me say that you can achieve a really nice matte or shimmery smoky eye with this.
104_5302

The Photo Op Eyeshadow Palette in Muse comes with six shadows, three matte and three shimmers. There is also a double ended shadow brush. The shadow descriptions are as follows: shimmery coppery bronze, matte taupe, matte creamy pink, shimmery taupe gray, shimmery platinum and matte chocolate brown. The shadows are nicely pigmented. As you can see from the swatches above, I swiped them with my index finger onto my arm and they came out nicely (even the cream tone can be seen well in the photo). Next I will show you the look I have done with the shadows.

104_5279104_5289104_5282104_5286
For this look I took the Photo Op Eyeshadow Palette in Muse and used the shimmery taupe gray shade in the crease. I then used the matte chocolate brown shade on the outer edge of the lid and underneath the eye. I used the matte creamy pink shade on the lid and under the brow. I did find that I needed to blend these shadows more than other brands. Also, the matte creamy pink had more fallout than most of the shades. I used MAC’s Extended Play Lash in Endlessly Black on my lashes. I didn’t need any liquid liner on the eyes. I found that my eyes really looked large and smoky. 
 104_5220

On my cheeks I wanted a light color, so I used MAC’s Beauty Powder in Play It Proper (shimmery nude pink). For the lips I wanted a long wearing lipstick in a nude color to counterbalance the eyes, so I used MAC’s PRO Longwear Lipcreme in You’re Already Perfect (light nude pink).
Overall, I like this small eyeshadow palette. The shadows have good pigmentation and they create the smoky eye effect that is popular this fall. There is some fallout in the matte shades, but that is normal in most matte shadows. Is it worth the $39.00? The actual cost is around $6.50 per shade, which is not bad. So, if you like a mixture of matte and shimmery shades and you want a good, smoky eye, this palette might be right for you! It is available wherever Smashbox is sold: www.smashbox.com , www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com, www.beauty.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty