Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: Illamasqua Generation Q, Where Beauty Has No Limits!

104_5959

For Autumn Illamasqua has put out a collection of items that says, “beauty has no age limits”. It is a fun little hodge podge collection of items that will be sure to please anyone who wants to explore their personalities and let them shine. Every time I get Illamasqua cosmetics I am a very happy woman. They are wonderful and so worth the money.

The color story contains two eyeshadow palettes, but only one is available to be shipped to the United States (it has to do with pigment regulations), one Gleam cream, two powder blushes, two lipglosses (one intense and one sheer), two nail varnishes, a precision eyeliner and two lipsticks. I purchased various items and will show you the look I did with them. Go  this page to see the entire collection: https://www.illamasqua.com/shop/collections/generation-q/.

104_5955104_5952104_5954104_5953104_5956104_5957

I was able to get the Complement eyeshadow palette (although I also really wanted the Empower one too!) ($53.97). It has three powder eyeshadows and one cream: Slink (soft cream shimmer), Focus Liquid Metal (cool brown metallic), Forgiveness (matte cool burgundy plum) and Queen of the Night (blackened plum). The two blushes ($28.57) are Sophie (golden coral shimmer) and Allure (dusky rose pink shimmer). There is also a Gleam ($28.57) cream in Aurora (champagne). The lipgloss ($22.22) in Opulent (iridescent beige) is listed as sheer but goes on very shimmery. I wanted to get the Intense lipgloss in Boost, but it was sold out. It was a vibrant violet! The new liquid liner, Precision Ink ($26.98) in Wisdom (antiqued gold) is a blackened gold.

104_5976104_5978104_5980104_5971104_5974104_5965104_5973104_5966

I adore Illamasqua makeup. The quality is unmatched in just about any line. The eyeshadows are silky, have incredible pigment and blend incredibly well. Today I used the Complement palette. I took Forgiveness and used it in the crease. It is a beautiful matte shadow that blends very well. I then used Queen of the night on the outer edge of the lid and under the eye. Slink was used on the inner portion of the lid and under the brow. I blended Slink in with Forgiveness and Queen of the Night. I think it blended in beautifully. I took Precision Ink in Wisdom and used it on the upper lid. Lancome mascara Hypnose Doll Lashes in Black was used, I adore this mascara! For blush I used Sophie. It is an adorable golden coral that adds “oomph” to the cheeks! On my lips I used Opulent over a light brown lipliner. Opulent is very shimmery and is not as sheer as you would think. I cannot wait to use the Gleam cream, the Focus Liquid Metal or Allure blush. I would love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty