Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: Too Faced Love Sweet Love Holiday Set

DSC07274DSC07271DSC07270

Too Faced Cosmetics really went all out this year. A bevy of sets to make anyone happy. This final set I am going to review is one that I was really excited about. It has everything: face primer, eye primer, mascara, eyeliner and a palette with eyeshadow,blush and lipgloss. Plush there is even a brush included! The Love Sweet Love set is $46.00 and is available at www.toofaced.com.

DSC07328DSC07329DSC07282

Everything comes in a cute blue terrycloth cosmetic bag with Too Faced embroidered on it. The set includes a cute brush, which is really suited for powder. I tried it and it didn’t work as a blush brush. The Lashgasm mascara is full size and is one of the better mascaras out there. It doesn’t clump, just gives nicely defined, long lases. There is a trial sized Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer (5g/0.17 oz.). I am a huge fan of Shadow Insurance and use it all the time. I think it works just as well as the well known Urban Decay Primer Potion. The Primed Poreless face primer is also trial size (14.17g/050 oz.). You can see that it comes out as a slightly pink-cream pearlescent product. I used this under my Giorgio Armani Maestro and it went on smoothly and the foundation also went on well. It works in my book! The small size Perfect Eyes waterproof eyeliner in black is nice too. I used it as eyeliner with the shadows and it went on very smoothly and without skipping.

DSC07332DSC07275DSC07280DSC07336DSC07353

The palette is adorable. It has a dancer on the cover, inside is a mirror with a saying by Shakespeare. Then turn the page and you have six eyeshadows, two blushes and two lipglosses.

Warm Eyeshadows: Vanilla Sugar (slightly shimmery warm cream), Mocha Ice (shimmery dark taupe), Ganache (dark matte chocolate)

Blush: Pink Caramel (warmed caramel light brown)

Lipgloss: Raspberry Truffle (warmed berry)

Cool Eyeshadows: Strawberry Cream (shimmery pink lilac), Burnt Sugar (shimmery silvered gray), Licorice Glitz (glittery silvered black)

Blush: Lollipop (bright light pink)

Lipgloss: Bubble Gum (shimmered bright pink)

DSC07312DSC07294DSC07301DSC07311DSC07307DSC07308DSC07310

I mixed up the warm and cool eyeshadows for my look today. In the crease I used Mocha Ice, and then Strawberry Cream on the lid and under the brow. I used Ganache in the outer corner of the lid and under the eye. The waterproof Perfect Eyes liner was used on the upper lid and under the eye, but I did not wing it out. For mascara I used Lashgasm on the upper and lower lashes. I liked the Lollipop blush, so I used it all over my cheeks, then took Pink Caramel and sculpted just a little under my cheeks with it. Bubble Gum lip Gloss was used on the lips.

Overall, I liked the look. My only complaint is that Strawberry Cream was almost non-existent as an eyeshadow. When I swatched it, it came out nice but on my eyes it did not. That disappointed me. I like this set because it has a little bit of everything and it would make a great gift for those that are new to Too Faced Cosmetics or love the brand. Or, a gift for yourself! Like I said, my only complaint is the one eyeshadow. Next time I will use it wet. Other than that, everything else came out very nice. This holiday season Too Faced has outdone themselves with gift sets. That makes me more loyal to the brand than ever before! I think this would be well worth the money. I would love to hear your comments.

I have been chosen as one of Too Faced’s Beauty Blogger’s of the month for October. Thank you Too Faced!

https://www.toofaced.com/bbom.aspx

BBOM_Badge_2012_10_Level3_SM

Please check out my review of the Bon Bon set:

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-shadow-bon-bons-for.html

Tomorrow will be the beginning of the Too Faced Cosmetics $25 Gift Certificate Giveaway. Stay Tuned for how to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty