Let's Get Social!

 photo twitter_zps394ac1c7.png  photo facebook_zps5fd68500.png  photo google_zps3463a2a5.png  photo pinterest_zps0b02c191.png photo tumblr_zps50bcf1d7.png  photo bloglovin_zps01ab9908.png  photo instagram_zpsc55da521.png  photo rss_zps35b67037.png

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Revlon Shanghai Look: My Interpretation


I have been in the mood for a red lipstick. That in itself is a miracle. I have not worn red in forever. I saw a beautiful red in the Revlon Shanghai collection, Red Lacquer. This color is a bright, clean slightly warm red. I also bought the Pink Pearl because it was a beautiful dark shimmery pinkish-brown. I wish the eyeshadow palette had not been a cream palette because the look was gorgeous and I know that if I had used them they would crease on me.


I wanted to replicate the eyeshadow look. The burgundy used in the eye look was simply beautiful. I took a matte dark burgundy from the Limited Edition Maybelline Eye Studio quads in Cozy Cashmere and used it in the crease, outer edge of the eye and under the eye. I used the Olive Gold shimmer from the Smokey Cinnamon quad on the lid up into the crease blending and then under the brow I used a pale shimmery pearl from the Oliver Martini quad. These are all the new ones from the fall Maybelline collection. I lined the upper and lower lids with a coal black liner, the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. My mascara is Maybelline’s new Volum’express The Colossal Cat Eyes in Black. On my cheeks is a coral blush, Fit Me Corsica Coral. The Red Lacquer is over a light nude liner. I like the light red lipstick, this color suits me. I feel a little pale though.


So, comparing my look to Emma Stone’s, I am definitely not the same. My shadow looks different, because the colors are different, but I didn’t put them on as dark. My cheeks aren’t as sculpted too. I should have put more blush on but I am going out today! As for the lipstick, it isn’t as red on me at all. I am not sure if this is because I didn’t use red lipliner underneath but it didn’t say to in the instructions they had. Hmmm…oh well, I am happy with the look. I would rather had had olive shadow with the burgundy shadow instead of the gold. But I like the red lips. This is a good red lipstick for me. What do you think? I would love to hear your comments!

I have been chosen as one of Too Faced’s Beauty Blogger’s of the month for October. Thank you Too Faced!



Please check out my review of the Bon Bon set:


Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway! You could win a $25 Too Faced Gift Certificate!


1 comment:

  1. Love the lip color - you should wear red more often!

    I'm not afraid to wear red during the day...I think it's my signature!


What Is Your Skin Type? Take The Quiz To Find Out!

Most Popular Posts!