Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Revlon Shanghai Look: My Interpretation

DSC07420

I have been in the mood for a red lipstick. That in itself is a miracle. I have not worn red in forever. I saw a beautiful red in the Revlon Shanghai collection, Red Lacquer. This color is a bright, clean slightly warm red. I also bought the Pink Pearl because it was a beautiful dark shimmery pinkish-brown. I wish the eyeshadow palette had not been a cream palette because the look was gorgeous and I know that if I had used them they would crease on me.

DSC07380DSC07424DSC07375DSC07378

I wanted to replicate the eyeshadow look. The burgundy used in the eye look was simply beautiful. I took a matte dark burgundy from the Limited Edition Maybelline Eye Studio quads in Cozy Cashmere and used it in the crease, outer edge of the eye and under the eye. I used the Olive Gold shimmer from the Smokey Cinnamon quad on the lid up into the crease blending and then under the brow I used a pale shimmery pearl from the Oliver Martini quad. These are all the new ones from the fall Maybelline collection. I lined the upper and lower lids with a coal black liner, the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. My mascara is Maybelline’s new Volum’express The Colossal Cat Eyes in Black. On my cheeks is a coral blush, Fit Me Corsica Coral. The Red Lacquer is over a light nude liner. I like the light red lipstick, this color suits me. I feel a little pale though.

DSC07385DSC07409DSC07404DSC07392DSC07394DSC07393DSC07391

So, comparing my look to Emma Stone’s, I am definitely not the same. My shadow looks different, because the colors are different, but I didn’t put them on as dark. My cheeks aren’t as sculpted too. I should have put more blush on but I am going out today! As for the lipstick, it isn’t as red on me at all. I am not sure if this is because I didn’t use red lipliner underneath but it didn’t say to in the instructions they had. Hmmm…oh well, I am happy with the look. I would rather had had olive shadow with the burgundy shadow instead of the gold. But I like the red lips. This is a good red lipstick for me. What do you think? I would love to hear your comments!

I have been chosen as one of Too Faced’s Beauty Blogger’s of the month for October. Thank you Too Faced!

https://www.toofaced.com/bbom.aspx

BBOM_Badge_2012_10_Level3_SM_thumb

Please check out my review of the Bon Bon set:

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-shadow-bon-bons-for.html

Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway! You could win a $25 Too Faced Gift Certificate!

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/24-too-faced-cosmetics-gift-certificate.html#.UHbF2FGdE1L

1 comment:

  1. Love the lip color - you should wear red more often!

    I'm not afraid to wear red during the day...I think it's my signature!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty