Even though I am an esthetician I have never been much for toners. I use them mainly in the summer, to help allay the extra oil on my skin that seems to be never ending. However, I received this wonderful toner from Scientific Organics, $30.00, 4.0 oz. and I can’t seem to stop using it! emerginC, the makers of the Scientific Organics line, have a winner in this little bottle!
This toner contains kombucha, a fermented tea known for its many medicinal uses. The tea produces a culture that yields a wide range of acids, such as lactic acid, butyric acid, acetic acid, gluconic acid and malic acid. It also produces Vitamins B, C, amino acids and enzymes. The benefits of kombucha are:
- corrects the pH of the skin and hydrates it.
- tightens pores, diminishes fine lines and blemishes
- acts as a natural sun shield
- is a burn remedy
- refines and balances skin tone
- soothes skin and its ailments such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea
- is anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant
- reduces swelling
The other active ingredients in the toner are a variety of anti-oxidant rich plant and marine extracts including goji berry, green tea, white tea, grape stem cells, seawood and aloe vera. The Spirulina Toner improves skin tone, texture and clarity while fighting free radical damage. It also combats the appearance of fine lines associated with aging. The main ingredient is in the toner is Spirulina, a blue-green algae found in fresh water, is packed with amino acids, minerals and enzymes.
The toner is gentle enough for all skin types. It refreshes, nourishes and rebalances the skin. Used after cleansing, it prepares skin for better product absorption. Pump onto a cotton pad and apply over face. I always feel fresh and tingly after its use. I have been using for several weeks now and notice a slightly brighter and more toned complexion.
Other products in the kombucha line are the:
- Kombucha Cleanser, $34.00, a deep cleanser with many of the same ingredients as the toner. The cleanser also contains palmaria palmata and maritime pine bark extract to brighten the skin.
- Phytocell Serum, $75.00, is an intensive age fighting serum for all skin types with the kombucha complex and a host of other ingredients such as xylose, galactose, glucose xylitol, seaweed and goji berry extract to brighten the skin.
- The Phytocell Detox Mask, $50.00, is clay based to draw out impurities, nourish, soothe, fight aging and brighten skin. This is best used one-three times per week.
- Phytocell Cream, $85.00, is an intensive age fighting and hydrating cream with the many of the same ingredients as the Phytocell Serum plus glycerin and algae extract to brighten skin, fight free radicals and improve skin tone.
Scientific Organics Spirulina Toner can be purchased at leading spas, and at www.emerginc.com