Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

DSC09405DSC09407

Urban Decay is awesome. They put out some of the best eye shadows on the market at times. Just in time for the holidays comes the cutest little palette of eye shadows, Naked Basics ($27.00, www.urbandecay.com and soon everywhere they are sold).

DSC09453

Many people are calling this the matte palette. Yes there are almost all matte shadows, but there is one satiny shimmer in there for good measure. I am happy about that. This palette has six shades, four new exclusives. The shades are: Venus (lightest cream satin shimmer), Foxy (light matte cream), Walk of Shame (medium peach cream), Naked 2 (perfect matte taupe), Faint (dark warm taupe) and Crave (matte black). I swatched each shade and they each had pretty good pigmentation. The only issue with looking at the swatches is that Foxy and Walk of Shame are very close in pigmentation. Venus also went on very well. Each shade went on smoothly, no skipping. The eye shadows are not too soft, they have just the right amount of depth. These are some of the best matte eye shadows I have come across. I also like that when I put them on they blended nicely. I am very happy with these.

DSC09423DSC09440DSC09433DSC09431DSC09435DSC09429

For my Naked Basics look I took Faint and used it all over the crease. I then mixed Faint and Crave and took them in the outer corner of the eye and under the eye. I then blended all of this out some. Then I took Walk of Shame and used it on the lid up into the crease, blending. Under the brow I used Venus. I then took Venus and used it just in the middle of the lid and blended it to make it pop some. For liquid liner I used Playful Champagne Shimmer Strips liquid liner. Mascara is SEPHORA’s Outrageous Volume in Black (this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used!!!!! It makes my little blonde lashes look large and black). I am wearing MAC’s Porcelain Pink Mineralize Skinfinish and Mattene Lipstick in Fun Finds. I tried out a new foundation, Revlon’s Nearly Naked, which is very sheer but pretty good.

Here is my verdict on the Naked Basics Palette:

Pigmentation: ****

Smoothness:*****

Blending: *****

Wear: *****

Fallout: *****

This would make a great gift for any eye shadow enthusiast or anyone who has trouble with deciding what colors to wear. Or, just get it for yourself! Each shadow works out to be $4.50! That is a steal! I also! think this is a great addition to your Naked collection! I would love to hear about your experience with this palette…

 

4 comments:

  1. I honestly think there should have been a little more matte eye shadows other than the six. Probably some deeper browns. It's not a bad palette at all. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, even some medium browns. And Venus isn't matte! :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty