Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: Smashbox Love Me Spring 2013 Collection Items

DSC00238

Bright, playful colors are in this spring. They are everywhere. This collection from Smashbox Cosmetics certainly got my attention. For Spring 2013 they came out with a collaboration artist Curtis Kulig. Their collection, called Love Me, is reminiscent of street art, with eye shadow palettes that have Love Me inserts that lift up. The collection consists of two eye shadow palettes, a blush, two lipsticks, two lip glosses and an oversized liquid eyeliner. I wanted the nude look so I only purchased the nude look eye shadow palette, the beautiful poppy blush and the nude lipstick. I did want the look to go off with a bang, so I also purchased the big liquid eye liner. The other items in the collection can be found on their website, www.smashbox.com.

DSC00239DSC00240DSC00241DSC00254

The nude eye shadow palette ($34.00) is called “Admire Me”. It is lovely. There are five shadows in it. There is also the promise that they are highly pigmented. As you can see from the swatches I have done, they are fairly pigmented, even the lighter shade. The shades are: a light shimmery champagne, medium shimmery coral, medium shimmery golden bronze, matte clay and dark shimmery chocolate. I like the shades, but fair warning, if you are going the to use the light champagne shade under the brow and if you have fair skin, it is going to look too dark.

DSC00243DSC00245DSC00247DSC00260

The blush ($28.00) for this collection is called “Idolize Me”. It is a beautiful poppy pink shade. There is no question that it has good pigmentation, it does. It goes on the skin very nicely. I like this blush a lot and think it will be a good addition for my spring color collection.

I chose the nude Love Me lip enhancing gloss ($19.00), “Charm Me”. The swatch on my arm makes it look like a see through pinkish nude shade, however it does have some good color on the lips.

DSC00249DSC00250

Finally, I purchased what has to be the largest liquid eyeliner I have ever seen. The Love Me Paint Pen Liquid Eye Liner ($24.00) is a signature matte black color that will turn your eyes into lovely cat eyes. I was nervous about this, as it is fairly large. But it went on easily and I was able to get a nice little flip on my eyes.

For my look I used the matte clay in the crease, the shimmery chocolate shade in the outer corner of the eye, under the eye and in the crease to add depth. Then I used the medium shimmery coral on the lid and the light shimmery champagne under the brow. I used the Love Me Paint Pen on the upper lid to line the eyes. For mascara I used Smashbox Full Exposure mascara. On the cheeks I used the Idolize Me blush and on my lips I used the Charm Me lipgloss.

DSC00304DSC00273DSC00274DSC00292DSC00309

This is a fun collection for spring, bright and playful. Even the nude tones are so pigmented that they become “bright”. The lipsticks and the other lip gloss certainly are very pretty. I may have to go back for those. Ack. The collection is available at Smashbox, Sephora and Ulta (and their respective brick and mortar stores). What do you think of the collection?

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sold....lol...I want it all. I especially love the lip gloss and blush. Also thank you for joining my January Blog Hop! Happy New Year to you!

    ♥♥♥
    - Ashley Elizabeth
    ( http://blog.alElizabeth.com )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is this collection! I love everything about this collection. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? How cute is it. Definitely a new look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shadows are so soft and lovely! And the blush is beyond gorgeous! Please visit my video and let me know your thoughts! Thank you!!
    http://youtu.be/w9DV-6gz51I

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty