Let's Get Social!

 photo twitter_zps394ac1c7.png  photo facebook_zps5fd68500.png  photo google_zps3463a2a5.png  photo pinterest_zps0b02c191.png photo tumblr_zps50bcf1d7.png  photo bloglovin_zps01ab9908.png  photo instagram_zpsc55da521.png  photo rss_zps35b67037.png

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Am THE Makeup Junkie’s Look No. 1 With MAC Archie Girls Items

DSC00796

At first I was hesitant to get the MAC Archie Girls items. I never read those comics when I was little. I was strictly a Wonder Woman, Spiderman and Batman girl (yes, I read comic books when I was a young girl). However, when I took a look at the items online I changed my mind. They looked pretty good. Worthy of my attention. Darn. I didn’t all of it, just the things that jumped out at me. Today I am going to show you the first in a series of looks with the Archie Girls items.

 

For this look I used the Caramel Sundae eye shadow x4 ($44.00), Lucky in Love pigment ($23.00), Cream Soda blush ($22.00) and Girl Next Door lipstick (16.50). The Caramel Sundae eye shadow x4 eye shadows are: Cheryl Chic (frost, light pink), Dreammaker (f, light yellow), Caramel Sundae (s, taupe) and Showstopper (m, chocolate brown). Lucky in Love pigment is a very shimmery light clover green. Cream Soda blush is a satin finish light peach. Girl next door lipstick is a lustre finish Barbie doll light pink.

DSC00714DSC00716DSC00717DSC00719DSC00722

DSC00724DSC00725DSC00793DSC00794

I am extremely happy with the look I did today. Mainly I am happy with the Lucky in Love pigment, which really gave the look a nice pop of color. To achieve the look I took Caramel Sundae and used it judisciously in the crease, making sure it plainly seen. Then I took Showstopper and used it in the outer corner of the lid and underneath the lid, lining the bottom lid. I then used Lucky in Love pigment all over the lid and up into the crease. I used a ton of it. There was some fallout, but not as much as I expected. Normally MAC pigments have a ton of fallout. I then lined the bottom lid with it. Cheryl Chic was used under the brow and blended just a little into Caramel Sundae. MAC’s Smoky Heir (dark smoky purple) Superslick Liquid Liner was used to line the upper lid. I used In Extreme Dimension Lash from MAC mascara on my lashes.

I really used the Cream Soda blush on my cheeks, making them pop some. I lined my lips with a light nude lipcolor (not MAC) and then used the light pink Girl Next Door lipstick. This color really seals the look as a spring look. It would also look great with any nude color, or any pink and coral color.

 

DSC00775DSC00741DSC00771DSC00736DSC00764DSC00756DSC00805

As you can see from the swatches above, all of the items I used have pretty good pigmentation. Even the lightest eye shadows showed up okay on my arms. I am happy that the pigment didn’t have a lot of fallout on to my face as I was applying it. And It blended well onto my eyes, it was smooth and really made the look I was going for. So far I am happy with these items and I cannot wait to try the other Archie Girls items that I have. Tomorrow I will be trying the other eye shadow quad, pigments and lipglosses or lipsticks. Yay! So excited!!!!

DSC00726

 

What Is Your Skin Type? Take The Quiz To Find Out!

Most Popular Posts!