Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15

hourglass_veiloilfreemakeup

I have been wanting to try something from the Hourglass line for a while now. Thank goodness Sephora had their VIB sale going on. I picked up the Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15 in N0 0. Porcelain and their Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light. This foundation is supposed to be one of the best around. It has that beauty junkie credential that everyone wants. I will let you know that I usually don’t read reviews of other products prior to testing a product. I like to go in to testing it blind with a neutral opinion. This way I haven’t a clue as to how it will perform. A clean slate as they say.

The Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup has anti-aging ingredients such as a 3% concentration of Matrixyl® Synthe'6™. This helps the body to produce collagen and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It also contains Skin Tightener ST™ PH to improve the skin’s texture and complexion. The sunscreen in this is a chemical sunscreen, sorry to those who need a mineral one.

This foundation comes in 11 shades, a few of which are very light. I purchased the lightest, N0 0. Porcelain (fairest with neutral to warm undertones). The next shade is for fair to pink undertones. I just about screeched when I saw pumped it and saw how yellow it was. The coverage is medium to full and it buildable. If one pump is used then the coverage is a nice medium but watch out, two pumps and it is very full. You really only need a small amount of this luxurious foundation! When I placed it on my skin it did look very yellow (I fancy myself fairly neutral toned), but as it spread out it did seem to blend into my skin okay.

hourglas_swatch1hourglass_swatch2

Below you can see three different photographs of myself. The first one is a photo of the 1st day I wore the Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15. I used my Beauty Blender sponge, instead of a foundation brush, as that is my preferred method of application. I used two pumps for coverage, not realizing that I would have such full coverage on my face. I liked the coverage, I even used it under my eyes as a concealer, since I had enough left over from the rest of my face. It lasted the full day looking like this, with just a hint of powder from the Ambient Lighting Powder needed in the morning. I had little to no oil breakthrough. This is the time of year when my skin starts to get a tiny bit oily on the T-Zone.

In the second photograph I am also wearing Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15, but I used one pump. Again, the coverage is still quite good. Not as full but medium coverage.Something else was used for concealer this time though. I applied the Ambient Lighting Powder again and the foundation lasted the full day with little to no oil breakthrough.

In the third photo, I again tried two pumps of the foundation. Great full coverage. This day I was going for a contour look with my makeup and the Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15 is perfect for this.

I am very happy with this foundation. It is malleable to my needs, can be used as concealer as needed. Even though it seems a little yellow, this foundation does seem to be the right color for me. This is definitely worth the money for me. Yes, it is a big chunk of change, but when it comes to the blank canvas that is your face, coverage and color are key.

Hourglass_Veil2Hourglass_Veil3Hourglass_Veil

Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15 is available for $60 from www.hourglasscosmetics.com, www.sephora.com, and selected Sephora stores.

 

To see some of the other reviews on foundations I like or have reviewed, take a look at these links. I love to review foundations and I can usually find the good from the bad. Lately I am loving Urban Decay’s Naked Skin. I reach for that one a lot. Now that it will be getting warm I want to switch to a longer wearing one though:

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-revlon-nearly-naked-foundation.html

Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-make-up-for-ever-high-definition.html

My Favorite Foundations:

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-favorite-foundations.html

Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation 12-Hour Foundation

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/09/review-tarte-maracuja-miracle.html

Urban Decay Naked Skin

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/08/review-urban-decay-naked-skin-foundation.html

Drugstore B.B. Creams

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/06/drugstore-bb-creams-loreal-and.html

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup:

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/09/review-giorgio-armani-maestro-fusion.html

Le Teint Touce Eclat by Yves Saint Laurent:

http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-stuff-you-need-le-teint-touche.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty