Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Too Faced Summer Eyes Palette

too faced_summer eyestoo faced_summer eyes palette

I think Too Faced is such a great line. They always come out with some adorable items for each season. This year they are re-promoting their Summer Eyes Palette. So many people loved it, they decided to bring it back for Summer 2013! This lovely palette has nine eye shadows with three look styles housed in a metal tin (this brand is so retro!) and comes with a look book that also has three looks to try out.

too faced_summer eye palette swatches

The colors in the palette are not super bright, but are more of a muted tone that most of the brands are showing this season. The Summer Eye Palette colors are: Day (matte light peach), Plumeria (shimmery bright pink), Cocoa Beach (shimmery chocolate), Peach Fuzz (satiny light peach with micro shimmer), Coral Crush (shimmery coral), Chocolate Sun (dark chocolate), Sunbeam (shimmery light yellow), Mermaid (shimmery muted teal), Toasted Coconut (matte warm brown). In the swatches above you can see that the majority of colors are fairly pigmented. The only problem color I had getting to show up was Peach Fuzz. I have seen this color in another palette and it has always been a problem color. Sunbeam shows up a little bit more, as a nice light yellow shimmer. Otherwise the eye shadows are nice and I liked the look I came up with a lot!

too faced summer eyes_facetoo faced summer eyes_opentoo faced summer eyes_closed 2too faced summer eyes_closedtoo faced summer eyes_cheektoo faced summer eyes_lip

For my Summer Eyes look I used: Toasted Coconut in the crease, then I took Chocolate Sun and placed it below that to define the crease a little bit more. Coral Crush was placed just above the crease and blended with Toasted Coconut. I took Cocoa Beach and used on the outer edge of the lid. Then I used Chocolate Sun as a liner under the eye. Plumeria was used all over the lid to make it look larger.  Finally, under the brow I used Seashell and blended it with Coral Crush. To make my eyes look larger I used Pixi’s Extra Bright Eye Liner (light creamy pink) on the water line. My mascara is Maybelline’s Colossal Volum’ Express Cat Eyes. I had put this mascara away but forgot hat that it gives good volume and definition. I used some of Too Faced’s  Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer on my cheeks under MAC’s Rosy Outlook Pro Longwear Blush. My lips are very nude, thanks to Pixi’s Tinted Brilliance Balm.

I’m loving the look I got this with palette. Very summery and cute! And I am such a big fan of their palettes and I do believe most of their eye shadows are pretty great. The Summer Eyes palette is worth picking up for a sultry summer look! The palette retails for $36.00 and is available at www.toofaced.com and anywhere they are sold, such as www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com and Sephora and Ulta stores. I would love to hear your opinions on it if you have it or opinions on my eye look…

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this pallette and I can't wait to get it.

    Jodie x

    www.retrococktail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty