Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Moondust Eye Shadows

moondust

When you think awesome eye shadows, the brand that comes to mind is Urban Decay. For Summer 2013, they have released new Moondust eye shadows. These are like nothing that have come out before. Sparkling eye shadows with microfine glitter, no chunky “teen glitter” to be found. Iridescence, 3D effects combined with super-secret modern technology create the most amazing effect to be found. When I first opened the package and saw these, I actually “oohed and awed”.

There are 7 eye shadows in the Moondust collection:

Moondust1

  • Space Cowboy: light champagne with bright silver sparkle.

Moondust2

  • Glitter Rock: metallic pink with pink 3D sparkle.

Moondust1

  • Intergalactic: medium purple with bright silver sparkle.

Moondust2

  • Stargazer: metallic lime-gold with gold 3D sparkle.

DSC02724

  • Diamond Dog: deep brown with white-gold sparkle

Moondust2

  • Moonspoon: medium gray with bright silver sparkle.

Moondust2

  • Zodiac: smoky black with blue-green shift and blue-green 3D sparkle.

DSC02766moondust_wet

I swatched the shadows above, on my inner forearm, and found them to be very pigmented. From left to right we have: Space Cowboy, Glitter Rock, Intergalactic, Stargazer, Diamond Dog, Moonspoon and Zodiac. I must say that my favorite shadow is Zodiac. The folks at Urban Decay say the same thing! Everyone will be clamoring over this one. It is beautiful. But, I really like all of them. We get all of the shimmer without any fallout or chunky glitter that has been associated with eye shadows prior to these. If you would like a more intense application, wet the eye shadows and watch the color get even more intense! In the second photograph you can see where I wet them and swatched. So beautiful. There is also more information on these eye shadows, please see my post: http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/04/urban-decay-summer-2013-moondust-eye.html.

Below is the look I have done with the Moondust eye shadows. These are very soft and smooth, go on easily. In the pan they look chunky but are not. I used Diamond Dog in the crease then Intergalactic below that to create more depth in the crease. Zodiac was used in the outer corner of the eyes and underneath the eyes to line. I used Moonspoon on the lid and below the brow I used the lightest color, Space Cowboy. I lined the upper lid with 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Siren (blue-green) and used a MAC mascara. On my cheeks I used MAC’s Bareness Extra Dimension Blush (shimmery light baby pink). The perfect color to compliment this for the lips is Urban Decay’s Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Naked. Love this stuff!!! Urban Decay recommends using your fingers for application. I have issues with my right hand, from a car accident, so I use brushes, as it is easier.

iammakeupjunkie_moondust1iammakeupjunkie_moondust2iamthemakeupjunkie_moondust3iamthemakeupjunkie_moondustiamthemakeupjunkie_moondusteyesiamthemakeupjunkie_moondust4

The Urban Decay Moondust eye shadows are amazing. Such beautiful shimmer, shine on the eyes. No fallout. Great pigment. They blend well together. I just love looking at them and I hope that they will make more colors. I am such a huge fan of this brand and what they do. These eye shadows are $20.00 and are available at www.urbandecay.com, and anywhere Urban Decay is sold, such as Sephora and www.sephora.com.

 

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous shadows, love all the glitter!!

    ~Maria-Isabel
    agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretties! I just received some new products in the mail from them, can't wait to try them out. I love the moondust!

    Barbie
    http://barbiesbeautybitsblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your post on bellashoot. Love this collection by urban decay. Definitely worth a try. Love their smokey eye too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they need to come out with more of this finish. LOVING Zodiac. It is one of the best colors I have ever put on my eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty