Joey Healy Luxe Brow Powder and Duo Brow Brush
I have been searching for the perfect eyebrow makeup forever. I have used just about everything I think. And I’m going to let you in on a little secret: I’m naturally blonde. Yep. So whenever I put on makeup, which is everyday, I have to do something to my brows (which are a very light brown). Also, I have tweezed my brows into oblivion. They are very thin and need some oomph. Since I color my hair red, it is conceivable that I would want to have reddish brown brows, right? Well, it is extremely difficult to find the right product to make them this color. It also depends on which color my hair is at this current time, right? Recently I was able to try out a few products from brow guru Joey Healy that actually looked great on my brows and didn’t make me look like I had caterpillars above my eyes. I am so happy!!!! I have been getting wonderful complements on my brows lately. All thanks to the wonderful Joey Healy. He is a prominent eyebrow stylist, makeup artist and esthetician. Mr. Healy has worked at Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman and Barney’s New York. He found that customer service is the key to having a successful career. In 2009 he started his mobile eyebrow division and in 2011 started The Joey Healy Eyebrow Collection. His products are available at www.joeyhealy.com.
The Luxe Brow Powders ($28.00) come in 6 shades. The formula is waterproof so that brows can stay beautiful all day long. The six shades are:
- Parchment: for the fairest, platinum blondes to the light haired. It adds a soft beige tone and a hint of warmth to pale brows. This shade also makes a stunning eye shadow!
- Corduroy: a cool ash tone without any trace of red, this tone works well with blonde or brunette. Depending on the intensity of the application, this color is the chameleon to the taupe family.
- Equestrian: for the redheads, the rarest of beauties. Often overlooked, this color has a natural cinnamon tone. Ideal for the majority of redheads and strawberry blondes. It is a rusty, earthy red that is never brassy. (This is my color)
- Moccasin: for a warm toned brunette or an auburn headed woman. A clove of brown with a rich touch of mahogany.
- Tobacco: This color is a robust, dark chocolate brown like its namesake. It can be a thought of as a catch all color for all rich, brunette hues. It is perfect for all dark haired women and unlike many dark powders, it never turns red and remains neutral throughout the day.
- Raven: This is the color that the dark haired women have been searching for. It is hard for women of dark hair to find a color that is realistic. It is the perfect onyx shade with cool tones, no red, just soft smoke to charcoal black.
As you can see, there is a good selection of colors, which other brands might not offer. For years that has been my biggest gripe. I have had the hardest time finding a color that looks good with my chosen hair color. I know my brows aren’t the best (I tweezed them to almost nothing when I was younger, as I mentioned earlier, and I advise you not to do that). In the photos below you will see that the color I am using (Equestrian) looks very natural. I used the Duo Brow Brush ($28.00), which I found was the perfect complement to the powder. The brush was small enough so that I could apply the powder to my brows without using too much in any area. Use the spool on the other end first to shape the hair so that you can apply the powder easier.
My thoughts: I like the color, finally a real color for me! I like that there are six shades to choose from. As you can see, the Equestrian matches my hair very well. The price is a little much, however, when I used it I only had to use a tiny amount to get my brows done. Which means that this product will last ages. You only need to use a little to get the job done. I think this is a great product, if you are willing to spend the money. Thumbs up from me!
Joey Healy Brow Architect Stylo
You can create just the right amount definition with the Brow Architect Stylo ($25.00). This waterproof eye pencil is fully retractable so it never needs sharpening. It also has a brush on the other end to blend the color out. Available in 5 perfect shades, this convenient and portable pencil looks like a powder. Finish with Brow Structure Clear Set for a groomed finish . The colors are:
- Wicker: the universal taupe shade for blondes and light brown, highlighted brunettes.
- Suede, a warm chestnut color perfect for redheads. Strawberry blonde to medium redhead.
- Antler: for the true auburn hair, a burgundy kissed brown.
- Molasses: espresso with a neutral undertone, all shades of chocolate from milk to dark.
- Teak: is the premiere choice for fiery redheads and deep, copper tones. Its bold henna hue has a complexity that elevates it beyond red to a true russet.
I found the pencil easy to work with. It is small enough that the color goes in tiny strokes. The pencil is long enough that it will last a while, so I think it is worth the money. The color was also a good match for my hair, similar to the powder. I did find that I would work with both at times, when I needed the pencil to “fill” in areas that the powder couldn’t.
Brow Structure Clear Set
This water resistant, transparent gel will tame unruly brows and provide natural definition. The formula leaves eyebrows soft never hard and it doesn’t disturb the Luxe Brow Powder or Brow Architect Stylo underneath. Brow Structure Clear Set ($25.00)has a spiral brush that lifts hair into place while providing the right amount of gel. Flake-free formula, a must for every makeup bag!
All products above can be found on www.joeyhealy.com. Not only does he have great products, but he has brow makeovers and regular makeovers too! I am so happy that I now have the right colors for my brow. Lately I have received a number of good comments about them. I have always thought that they were my worst feature and to have people say great things about them makes me feel so happy!
(Products were sent for consideration)