A STUNNING PEACOCK EYE FROM NYC NEW YORK COLOR
THINK: How to get the hottest summer eye look.
WHAT IT IS: Your guide to the ultimate bold, multifaceted eye color trend. The graduated shade peacock eye appeared all over runways during spring/summer Fashion Week, ranging from a subtle sweep of gold and bronze to a bold, multicolored version of the sultry look. Using the brilliant blues, greens, purples, and gold shadows of the moment, topped with a dramatic black liner and a swipe of sexy mascara, this look-at-me makeup trend will definitely have you strutting. Put a fresh twist on saturated, peacock-inspired shades with must-have eye makeup tools from NYC New York Color.
Here's all you need to get the look:
- Start by blending a combination of green and purple shadows to mimic a peacock feather. Use NYC New York Color's HD Trio Eye Shadow in West Vintage ($2.99), which contains pale and dark green shadows plus a dramatic purple for an all-in-one pick. Add a shimmering highlight with the golden shade found in the Streets Paved in Gold HD Trio Eye Shadow palette. The high-definition, pigment packed shades deliver brilliant saturated color that lasts for hours. Each shadow glides on smoothly, with luxurious velvety color in soft, silky textures, and the palette includes instructions for fool-proof application.
- Start by applying the lightest shadow from the corner of the eye to about 1/3 of the way across the lid with the included applicator. Apply the lightest shadow in a sweeping motion across the brow bone as well.
- Next, apply the middle shade down the center of the lid, so that the lid is now 2/3 covered with shadow. Extend the shadow to the top of the lid, making sure the color is completely saturated.
- Finally, apply the deepest shadow to the last 1/3 of the lid, blending it in the outer corner of the lid so that you can see it peeking out from the lid.
- Next, line the eye with NYC New York Color High Definition Felt Tip Liner in black ($3.99) . This smooth liquid liner allows you to easily draw a line and flick it up at the corner to create a cat eye. A larger flick makes it more pronounced while a smaller flick is a more subtle take on this look. The liner is virtually mess-proof and mistake-proof and offers up to ten hours of wear.
- Finish with several generous coats of NYC New York Color's Big Bold Curl mascara ($4.99) . This mascara gives lashes up to 12x more volume and 99% more lift. One stroke multiplies your lashes by up to 147%. With an innovative oversized brush, this maximum intensity mascara plumps lashes with a single stroke for 99% more curl and lift. With a smudge-proof, smear-proof, and flake-proof long lasting formula, there's not a clump in sight—just 16 hours of exponential volume for high drama eyes.
Just follow this step-by-step guide to create the summer's hottest eye makeup look.