Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review: Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

(photo courtesy of Sephora.com)

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Hourglass is known for having some of the best foundations (and cosmetics) on the market. I loved their Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15 (http://bit.ly/1ck0CXt). I have also been using their Ambient Powders in Mood and Ethereal (will need to review those soon). The Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation does something that no other foundation does (that I have seen at least), it eliminates the need for powder. Seriously! I use it and I really don’t need powder at all. ALL DAY. How awesome is that? I find this amazing! It is truly mattifying!

Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation comes in 16 shades. It is a breakthrough liquid-to-powder foundation that absorbs oil, camouflages imperfections and gives a long-lasting, velvety-matte finish.

This is a high-tech formulation that incorporates kaolin to absorb sebum all through the day, all while keeping the skin’s natural moisture. It has an oil-free, humidity-proof and water-resistant formula that goes from liquid to powder, instantly. The finish never looks dull or flat, just velvety, all while covering imperfections. The superfine treated pigments provide unsurpassed coverage without looking cakey or mask-like and eliminate the need for powder, blotting or constant touch-ups through-out the day. In a consumer study, this foundation was shown to actually improve the appearance of acneic skin.

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation_PearlHourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation_swatchHourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation_blended swatch

  (above: Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation in Pear, swatch of the foundation spread out, the foundation as it dries on the skin)

One reason I really like this foundation is the shade selection. Pearl, my color is for very fair with neutral undertones. It is almost a perfect match for my skin tone. This shade matches my forearm perfectly, which is a good match for my facial skin tone. With 16 shades to choose from, there is an okay selection (we are not talking Prescriptives selection here), but Hourglass is known for their shades too. Also, I love that this turns to a great matte finish and blends beautifully. I don’t use a brush with this. Lately I have been using the UD Optical Blurring brush but with this I think it needs a sponge because of the way it dries. They do make a foundation brush and it is a personal preference but for me it also depends on how much coverage you want. If you want a heavier look, use a sponge (I use the Beautyblender).

The Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation also has a medium to heavy coverage. It is buildable depending on how much you apply. I have been able to get a very heavy coverage but this is a great example of one of those chameleon foundations that changes shades slightly with heavier coverage too.

DSC04548DSC04570DSC04449DSC04476

(above: two different days I wore the Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation)

Above I am wearing Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. No powder! None was worn all day long. For me in the summer that is first off a miracle and second, it felt great! I adore this. So matte. I am wearing sunscreen underneath too! I think this will work great for acneic skins, oily skins and combination skins. If you have drier skins then you should wear a heavy moisturizer and primer underneath.

Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation is $55.00 for 1 fl. oz. /30 ml. and is available on www.hourglasscosmetics.com, www.sephora.com and select SEPHORA stores. Like Hourglass on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hourglass-Cosmetics/271503877335?ref=br_tf and Follow them on Twitter: @HourglassMakeup.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty