Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Make a stop at the Beauty Cafe…

lisa_2013Lisa Slavik is the owner and proprietor of one of the oldest internet beauty shopping sites. She was around before, or at the start of, many of the major internet beauty sites such as Beautyjungle.com or Beauty.com! Beauty Cafe is one of those rare shopping site where you can find some hidden product gems such as: Keromask (the best concealer on the market bar none), L’Artisan Parfumeur, Zents, Royal Apothic and SO many other brands that you have to go to the site to get a sense of what it is about.


The History of Beauty Cafe

 
Here is the history of the website in Lisa’s own words. I wanted her to tell the story, because I think it is a very interesting one.
 
“I dreamed up Beauty Cafe over breakfast during an alt.fashion get together in NYC. Several girls from all over the world met up for a weekend of food, shopping and fun! All of us were product junkies and to keep each others habits fed, we often shipped products to those of us that didn't have access to them. I decided that I wanted to bring all the treasures to everyone, everywhere. So even if you lived in a small town in Montana you could have access to the best fragrances and beauty products in the world. Making my mother proud, I put my FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) degree, retail management experience as well as my graphic design experience together and opened the online doors of Beauty Cafe in 1997. I could write a book about my initial days and years online and trying to share my vision of the potential of the internet. Not everyone shared my vision, let alone understood but there were a few who were willing to take a risk and see what would happen and there were plenty who basically never returned calls. I remember one lady laughed at me when I told her that I wanted to sell fragrances on the internet. She laughed at the audacity of it. To those that took a chance on my dream and vision, I am forever grateful. While Beauty Cafe was always one of the smaller sites, we became the launching pad on the internet for many of today's highly coveted beauty and fragrance lines including Creed, Bond No 9, Burts Bees, Comptoir Sud Pacifique and L'Artisan Parfumers. Today, while we do carry internationally known lines, my passion is working with start-ups and continuing with our launching of indie lines.d'role de rose
L’Artisan Parfumeur Drole de Rose
 
Through the years, Beauty Cafe has been featured in various beauty and fashion magazines from WWD, W, Jane, InStyle, Allure, Mademoiselle, Redbook and Star Magazine. We specialize in locating the products that you read about in the magazines, bringing them home to you. We often special order items for our customers and send out regular emailings to our customers to let them know about new products that we are carrying or special offers.”
 
Beauty Cafe specializes in items you will not likely find anywhere else. The lines carried are very extensive. If you are looking for a special gift for someone, then this is the place you need to start first! One brand that she carries is legendary, Comptoir Sud Pacifique. This is a brand that has been around for 37 years and has cult status with beauty junkies. Comptoir Sud Pacifique was one of the first luxury fragrance houses to “bottle paradise”, introducing pure Tahitian Vanillas and tropical scents into our daily lives. Their collection of scents are worn by both men and women and feature the world's best vanilla’s, fruits, florals, and herbal-woodsy notes. Personally, I remember shopping for some of their items when I lived in Paris and I was never able to find it here in the United States (this was 20 years ago) back then!

  Comptoir Sud Pacifique Eau de Naphe
 
 Previously I did a review on one of the products she carries, Keromask (http://bit.ly/16mkOFi). That stuff is serious business. It covers everything and it has a multitude of shades! If you have any issues with scars, birthmarks or if you want to cover tattoos, then this is what you need. It is $39.00, but you only need a tiny amount and it lasts forever. I highly recommend this product if you need a concentrated concealer. There is even a mixing shade, to help achieve the right color and there is also a powder to set the concealer. I firmly believe that using a specialized concealer for something like vitiligo, birthmarks or acne scars is essential to maintaining self-esteem. Looking good is paramount to feeling good about yourself. Thank you Lisa for carrying this important product!
 

 
Shop Beauty Cafe products at www.beautycafe.com. Beauty Cafe is also now on OpenSky: https://www.opensky.com/beauty-cafe. Like Beauty Cafe on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beautycafeboutique; Follow Beauty Cafe on Twitter: @ShopBeautyCafe.

Beauty Cafe is offering all I Am THE Makeup Junkie readers a 10% discount on all non-sale items, the code is: makeupjunkie.













2 comments:

  1. How fun. I love hearing about how businesses came to be. Every business starts out in someone's kitchen or backyard and its kinda neat to read the back story. Now if only I could learn how to make come hither eyes with eye shadow. I'm a make up failure. But maybe I'll learn more from your blog. New follower here on BlogLovin and I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime over at http://mommyonlyhas2hands.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thank you for the lovely comment! I am heading over now to your blog!

      Delete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty