Did You Know?
Women go through great lengths to achieve radiant, healthy, beautiful hair. For women suffering from hair loss, this might seem out of reach. The first step in combatting hair loss and attaining the movie-star hair you always wanted is staying in the know.
The experts behind the HairMax LaserComb, the only FDA Cleared laser light hair growth device, clinically proven to treat hair loss and thinning hair in both men and women, want to set the hair loss record straight. Below are some hair raising facts that you might not know about hair loss:
· Hair loss is a medical condition that affects over 80 million individuals in the United States. While women make up 40% of American hair loss sufferers, the issue continues to be thought of as a strictly male condition.
· Shedding is not the same as losing hair. A normal scalp sheds about 50 to 100 hairs per day. While this may seem like a lot, a normal scalp has over 100,000 hairs, making this shedding almost unnoticeable.
· Vitamins and supplements are always a good option to help maintain hair health. However, they have never been proven to effectively treat hair loss when used alone.
· The term ‘hair loss’ is only used as a general term to describe the occurrence of hair loss, but there are actually many different types of hair loss. It is important to know what type of hair loss a person has, as it helps determine which treatment is best.
· One of the most common misconceptions is that individuals only begin to experience hair loss later in life. Hair loss can occur as early as the teen years for males and for females can begin in their 20’s.
About HairMax: Founded on the principle of providing men and women with the most advanced hair loss treatments and hair growth products on the market, the HairMax LaserComb is the first and only laser phototherapy medical device on the market that has been FDA Cleared for at-home-use to treat hair loss and stimulate hair growth in men and women suffering from certain classes of hereditary hair loss. Since 2000, the product line has grown to include three HairMax LaserComb models with seven, nine and twelve lasers. The company is a proud member of the American Hair Loss Foundation, the American Hair Loss Council and the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. For more information please visit www.hairmax.com.