Anna Kendrick’s Beauty Look from the 56th Grammy Awards
The Grammy Presenter looked elegant with a hint of edge as she stepped onto the red carpet with hair by Garnier and makeup by Maybelline New York
Hair (Craig Gangi for Garnier):
Inspiration: “Anna wore a silver Azzaro dress that was sleek and structured. Therefore, I wanted to compliment the dress with a soft, Veronica Lake-inspired hairdo,” said celebrity hairstylist Craig Gangi for Garnier. “But because it was the Grammys, we gave it a slight edge, tightly pulling up the right side for a modern, sleek look.”
Since Kendrick’s hair is naturally very curly and voluminous, Gangi started by applying Garnier Fructis Style Curl Calm Down Anti-Frizz Cream to Anna's wet hair to tame the volume and eliminate frizz. He then blow-dried her hair very smooth.
Next, Cangi lightly sprayed Kendrick’s hair with Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm to protect from heat and add shine. Then, he thermal set her hair and after letting cool down, brushed it out and tightly pulled it back to one side.
Gangi then applied the tiniest drop of Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Sleek Finish 5-in-1 Serum Spray into his hands and smoothed over her hair for incredible shine. To complete the look, Garnier Fructis Style Extreme Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray was used to set the look and provide firm hold and repel moisture for a look that will last all-night.
Makeup (Vanessa Scali for Maybelline New York):
Inspiration: To complement Kendrick’s stunning silver Azzaro dress and side-swept hair, Scali created a makeup look featuring smoky, sultry eyes and effortless skin. To achieve this look, she used cream shadows, which look very modern on the skin and have a slight transparency that adds shape and drama. Additionally, a sheer, vibrant color on the cheeks and a rose/nude lip complimented Kendrick's eyes, without competing with them. “Anna’s smoky eyes gave her look a little edge. Keeping the rest of her face effortless made this a very pretty and wearable look.”
· Foundation: To create Kendrick’s effortless skin, Scali began by applying Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer Anti-Age Skin Corrector (Release Date: February 2014) mixed with Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation to provide hydration and give the skin a soft, luminous glow. Scali swiped this combination along the bridge of Kendrick's nose, cheeks, chin and forehead, using her fingers to blend the color to the outer edges of her face.
· Concealer: Scali used Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer under Kendrick’s eyes and on the inner hollow of the nose, just beside the inner corner of her eyes.
· Powder: Scali applied Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder on Kendrick, focusing specifically on her T-Zone.
Scali applied Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Glaze in Pink Fever. Smooth and sheer, this vibrant wash of color makes the skin look fresh and lit from within.
· Eye Shadow: Scali applied Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded from the lash line to the brow bone, and under the lower lashes in the inside corners of the eyes, brightening them in a soft and sexy way. She then applied Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Bad to the Bronze; starting in the middle of the lid, extending out and beyond the natural eye, and then wrapping under the bottom lashes.
· Eyeliner: For extra depth and definition, Scali layered Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Blackest Black to the base of the lashes. She then curled Kendrick’s lashes and liberally applied two coats of Maybelline New York Falsies Big Eyes Mascara in Very Black to the top lashes, and one coat to the bottom.
To keep Kendrick’s eyes the center focus, Scali applied a light coat of Maybelline New York Color Elixir Lip Color in Rose Redefined for the finishing touch.
Event: 56th Annual Grammy Awards
Date: Sunday, January 26, 2014
Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
Talent: Anna Kendrick
· Hairstylist: Craig Gangi, Tracey Mattingly
· Makeup Artist: Vanessa Scali, Tracey Mattingly
Talent Image: Here
Talent Credit: Getty Images
· Garnier: Here
· Maybelline New York: Here
Product Credit: Garnier, Maybelline New York
Hair & Makeup Interviews: Available upon request