The Beauty Buzz…
From the Red Carpet of the 20th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Featuring: Elisabeth Moss (Nominee) & Sarah Paulson (Nominee)
Elisabeth Moss, nominee for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television or Miniseries for Top of the Lake, stepped onto the red carpet of the 20th Annual SAG Awards in a gorgeous, chic makeup look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Jenn Streicher for Maybelline New York. Inspired by Moss’s elegant red dress, her makeup look featured a bold lip, glamorous eye and classic complexion. “When Elisabeth stepped into her dress, elegance, grace and Paris all came to mind,” said Streicher. “Her makeup was truly inspired by everything I felt when she slipped into that gorgeous gown!”
· SKINCARE: Streicher began by prepping Moss’s skin with Hourglass' No 28 Primer Serum and let that sink in while her hair stylist began to work.
· FOUNDATION: Streicher then applied Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #5, starting in the t-zone, using a moist sponge while blending outward. She finished the canvas by applying Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder on her nose, forehead and chin. She put this same Maybelline product in her clutch for touch-ups throughout the night.
Streicher used Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Glaze in Just-Pinched Pink directly on the apples of Moss’s cheeks - for a pop of color.
· EYE SHADOW: For the eyes, Streicher kept everything very simple, yet glamorous. She used Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded generously on her lids and then used a fine brush to sweep the same shade along her bottom lash line. She then gave her a “Paris flick,” with Lancome Liner Design in Black Fishnets.
· MASCARA: Streicher applied generous amounts of Maybelline New York Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara in Glam Black on top and bottom lashes for true, red-carpet glamour.
LIPS: Moss’s lip color was a simple choice…RED! Streicher used Maybelline New York Color Elixir Lip Color in Signature Scarlet – applying extra product in the middle of the top and bottom lip for added definition. Moss carried this rich red lip color in her clutch for touch-ups throughout the night.
Sarah Paulson, nominee for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for 12 Years a Slave, stepped onto the red carpet of the 20th Annual SAG Awards in a flirty, feminine makeup look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Melanie Inglessis for Maybelline New York. Inglessis gave Paulson a pop of color on the lips and nude eyes to compliment her white ruffled gown. “We chose neutral makeup with an ultra-bright pink lip to create a modern, yet soft look,” said Inglessis.
· SKINCARE: Inglessis began the makeup look with Crème de La Mer Moisturizing Cream. She then mixed ARCONA Magic Dry Ice with Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer to create a beautiful, dewy glow to prime Paulson’s skin.
· FOUNDATION: Inglessis used Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk for a full coverage canvas. She then applied Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder in the T-zone area for a flawless and natural complexion for the red carpet.
Inglessis used Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Glaze in Coral Sheen on Paulson’s cheeks for the perfect, bright peach glow.
· EYE SHADOW: Inglessis kept Paulson’s eye makeup clean and natural. She applied Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil in Black Smoke along the lash line. She then smudged the product to soften the look, preventing any harsh lines.
· MASCARA: Next, Inglessis curled Paulson’s lashes and applied two coats of Maybelline New York The Falsies Mascara in Black Drama to the top lashes and very lightly to the bottom lashes.
LIPS: The highlight of Paulson’s makeup look was her bold fuchsia pout. Inglessis applied Maybelline New York Color Elixir Lip Color in Fuchsia Flourish to Paulson’s lips with her ring finger to build the color - ensuring it would maintain its rich, bright shade throughout the night.
Who: Elisabeth Moss (Nominee) & Sarah Paulson (Nominee)
Event: The 20th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2014
Location: Shrine Exposition Center, Los Angeles, CA
· Elisabeth Moss: Jenn Streicher for Maybelline New York
· Sarah Paulson: Melanie Inglessis for Maybelline New York
Product Credit: Maybelline New York
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Makeup Artist Interviews: Available upon request