MONIKA BLUNDER CREATED A MODERN LOOK FOR TAYLOR SCHILLING AT THE 2014 GOLDEN GLOBES
This year for the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards, Orange is the New Black nominee, Taylor Schilling was seen on the red carpet in a subtle shimmery eye and berry lip, wearing exclusively Chantecaille products.
For information on celebrity makeup artist Monika Blunder’s inspiration and the Chantecaille products used to achieve Taylor’s look, see below:
To complement Taylor’s custom Thakoon emerald green floor length gown, Monika created a modern and effortless look. The inspiration was a cross between Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof meets Veronica Lake.
MONIKA’S HOW TO:
1. I started by spraying the skin with Pure Rosewater then applied Stress Repair Concentrate around the eyes, for a clean base.
2. Next I applied a very light base of Future Skin Foundation. I wanted the skin to be a bit luminous and have her natural complexion shine through.
3. I used Total Concealer under her eyes to brighten them a bit.
4. I began the eyes by applying Iridescent Eye Shade in Crystal all over the lid, then proceeded by using Iridescent Eye Shade in Sel through the crease-and sweeping it into the outer corners and under the eye. To deepen the contrast in the crease, I wet my brush and took the color back through to intensify the look.
5. For liner I started with Gel Liner in Jet. To thicken the look along the lash line I dabbed the pencil between lashes, along the edge of the lid.
6. Next I double lined the eye with Le Stylo in Black.
7. I then curled the lashes and used three coats of Faux Cils Mascara in Black.
8. To sculpt the face I applied Compact Soliel in St Barth’s in the hallows of her cheeks and onto her temples and hairline.
9. To add a bit of color to the cheeks I applied Cheek Shade in Laughter and finished with Les Petales de Rose to illuminate.
10. I defined the brows, just slightly, with the Brow Definer in Ash Blonde.
11. To achieve the deep berry lip, it’s all about the application. I wanted it to look like it had a natural bitten flush, so I used my pointer finger and pushed Lip Chic in Calla Lily onto the lip without a brush.
Pure Rosewater, $62.00
Stress Repair Concentrate, $175.00
Future Skin Foundation in Alabaster and Cream, $73.00
Total Concealer in Cream, $37.00
HD Perfecting Powder, $72.00
Les Petales de Rose, $74.00
Compact Soleil in St. Barth’s, $45.00
Cheek Shade in Laughter, $30.00
Faux Cils Mascara in Black, $42.00
Le Stylo Ultra Slim in Black, $34.00
Gel Liner Pencil in Jet, $33.00
Brow Definer in Ashe Blonde, $22.00
Eye Shade in Crystal (lid), Sel (in crease) and Perle (on brow bone), $30.00
Lip Chic in Calla Lily, $35.00
Chantecaille products are available at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, Space NK, select Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstroms locations and www.chantecaille.com.