Autumn/Winter 2014 Collection
Look created by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Jenny Packham’s Autumn/Winter 2014 Collection was inspired by the 1970s style of Bianca Jagger, the era’s “darling of New York society” who often “juxtaposed the fluid fashions” of the ‘70s “with structured tailored suits, exotic turbans and decadent jewelry.”
The show’s lead makeup artist, Talia Shobrook also channeled the icon in the creation of her look. She noted, “Bianca Jagger’s demeanor was cool, and she always looked fresh. Even when she wore something traditional, she made it very youthful.” In order to emulate a “youthful” look, Talia kept the look very fresh with lots of sheen. She created a modern take on a bitten lip and also modernized the ‘70s glossy lids.
· Talia prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, ($52), generously massaging it into the model’s face to awaken her complexion.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating, ($33), and then covered and concealed minor skin imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($32).
· She applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, ($43) all over the face.
· Talia sculpted the cheeks by first applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Smoky Topaz, ($24) and then ever so subtly exaggerated the cheekbone using the same shadow. She warmed the cheeks with a light bronzing of Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance Bronze, ($33).
o Depending on the models’ skin tone, she swapped out the eye shadow with Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Cameo or Hot Chocolate, ($23) Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Bamboo, ($23) or Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Baroque, ($23).
· Talia completed the look by applying Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, ($33) on top of the Tinted Moisturizer to give the skin an illuminating glow.
Lips: Modern take on a bitten lip
· In order to create the “bitten lips” look, Talia mixed Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Palm Beach and Mango, ($27).
· Then, she applied the mixture to a Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush, ($29), using the brush to press the colour into the middle of the lips, blending it outward.
Eyes: Modern version of the ‘70s glossy lids
· Talia applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Cameo, ($24) on the lid as a base.
· To complete the look, she applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, ($33) on top of the eye shadow, and in the corners of the eyes to create a glowing, glossy lid.