Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, March 3, 2014

Review: NARSissist Palette and EXCLUSIVE Podcast! #NARS #NARSissist

NARS-Narsissists-Eyeshadow-

This spring NARS Cosmetics introduces the NARSissist Palette, 15 eye shadows in neutral and smoky shades that are perfect for doing a nude defined eye or a great smoky eye. I have been playing around with this palette for a while now and it really does have so many choices! For me some of the shades are very light, and I am so pale that they barely show up on me. If you are darker complected they will definitely show up on you and look very nice. That is why I am partial to the darker colors in this palette. They definitely show up on me more and I can get a more defined look with the darker shades.

Click on the Podcast radio link below. You will find my EXCLUSIVE Podcast with LA-Story’s fab blogger Stevie Wilson. We discussed our love of the NARSissist Palette, as well as a few other things (our love of makeup and our makeup addiction). This link is to Stevie’s take on the NARSissist Palette: http://bit.ly/MHZJ1S.

 

(above: my exclusive podcast with LA-Story’s Stevie Wilson)

 

My photos of the NARSissist Palette:

NARSissit Palette coverNARSissist Palette

The shades in the NARSissist Palette are as follows:

(First Row) All About Eve I, Madrague II, Fez, Bali, Coconut Grove,

(Second Row) Madrague l, Nepal, Ashes to Ashes, Brousse II, Mekong

(Third Row) Bellissima I, Lhasa, Bad Behaviour, Dogon II, Pandora II

NARSissist Palette swatches

(Above, from left to right: All About Eve I, Madrague II, Fez, Bali, Coconut Grove, Madrague I, Nepal, Ashes To Ashes, Brousse II, Mekong, Bellisima I, Lhasa, Bad Behavior, Dogon II, Pandora II)

 

First look: Here is one look I have done with the NARSissist Palette. I took Ashes to Ashes in the crease, then Pandora II on the outer 1/3 of the upper lid and then I also lined the lower lid with it. I also used Pandora II in the crease to add some depth, since I have hooded eyes. All About Eve was used on the rest of the upper lid to make it pop more. I took Bellissima and used it under the brow and blended Ashes to Ashes with it up and out.

NARSissist Full Face_smoky eye

NARSissist palette smoky eye_eyes open 1NARSissist palette smoky eye_eyes closed 1

Here is another look with the NARSissist Palette: With this look I Bali and used it in the crease. Then I used Coconut Grove and used it on the outer 1/3 of the upper lid and used it to line the lower lid. Coconut Grove was also used up in the crease to add some depth, as I mentioned I have hooded eyes.. I used Madarague I on the upper lid and All About Eve under the brow.

NARSassist smoky eyes full face 2NARSassist full face smoky eyesNARSissist Smoky Eyes_eyes closed 3NARSissist Smoky Eyes_eyes open 2

 

This palette has something for everyone. It has 15 colors that work well for anyone and there are colors that are for any complexion, all of the shades are pigmented, go on smoothly and blend beautifully. There are shimmers and matte shades. I do believe that if you like smoky eyes, this is just about the perfect palette for you. Even if you like nude eyes, this is an awesome palette. You can get some very well defined nude eyes from this palette, especially if your skin tones are medium and dark. I am very pale and the light shades match my skin so those barely show up on me. But, I do love the darker shades to make many different smoky eye looks.

NARSissist Palette retails for $79.00 and is available at www.sephora.com and SEPHORA stores. It sold out on the NARS website! So if you want it, you had better get it now. Like NARS Cosmetics on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/narscosmetics?ref=br_tf, Follow NARS Cosmetics on Twitter: @narsissist; Follow NARS Cosmetics on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/narscosmetics/; Follow NARS Cosmetics on Instagram: http://instagram.com/narsissist# and Subscribe to NARS Cosmetics on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/narscosmetics.

 

8 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty palette! I haven't picked it up yet, but it does have some NARS shades that I've wanted to try for a while. Seems like a great value to get so many shades for $79.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pick it up, I think you would be very happy with it.

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful palette and the shades suit your colouring really nicely :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is a great palette if you are starting out too.

      Delete
  3. gorgeous palette!! :) sooo jealous! :)
    enjoy!
    xo
    Alice
    http://alicesbeautymadness.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty