Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: Paula’s Choice The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette #PaulasChoice #nudemattes

Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes (closed) (1)Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes (open)

If there could be something akin to a perfect eye shadow palette, The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette would likely be it. I read about this palette online and immediately had to order it. The famous YouTube makeup artist Wayne Goss had a large role in deciding the contents in this palette and let me say “thank goodness!”

This palette consists of 12 buttery smooth eye shadows and a flat rounded synthetic bristle brush for applying the gorgeous shadows. Did I just mention that these eye shadows are gorgeous? Well they are. Beautiful . Buttery. Smooth. Amazing. This palette is the best thing since sliced bread. Not only are they great eye shadows, but all of the colors are wearable. They are blendable and have little to no fallout. How perfect is that? All of the shades are highly pigmented. This includes even the lightest shades, which is refreshing. Usually palettes have light shades that are just slightly pigmented. This palette has light shades that have turned up the notch on pigmentation and are perfect!

The eye shadow colors are as follows: matte cream, matte ecru, shimmery champagne, matte tan, matte beige, matte clay, matte milk chocolate, matte sienna, matte gray, matte chocolate, matte dark chocolate and matte black. Yes, there is one shimmery shade thrown in there for fun!

Swatches:

swatches_Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette

 

I did two looks with The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette. The first look was a darker, smoky eye and the second look was a lighter nude look. Both are easily done with these lovely eye shadows.

LOOK #1:

For this look I used the matte clay shade in the crease then used matte dark chocolate shade on the outer 1/3 of the upper lid and to line the lower lid. I also used the matte dark chocolate shade to add depth in the crease. I used the shimmery champagne shade on the lid and I took the matte cream shade and blended it with the matte clay shade. I lined my upper lid with a NYX Felt Tip Liner in Dark Brown and used SEPHORA’s Upside Down Mascara.  On my cheeks I used NARS Final Cut Blush and my lips are wearing Edward Bess’ Ultra Slick Lipstick in Pure Impulse.

The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 1 full face twoThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 1 eyes openThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 1 eyes closedThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 1 lips

LOOK #2:

This look is a bit softer. I used matte tan in the crease and then took matte sienna on the outer 1/3 of the lid and also used it on the lower lid to line. I used matte chocolate in the crease to add depth. On the lid I used matte ecru and I used matte cream under the brow. To line the upper lid I used Jouer Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner in Leopard. Again, I used my favorite mascara, SEPHORA Upside Down Mascara. On my cheeks I used NARS Love Blush, which is quite striking. Then on the lips I used Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Whisper.

The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 2 full faceThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 2 eyes closedThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look 2 eyes openThe Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette_look e lips

 

The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette is available at www.paulaschoice.com for $40.00. I consider it an extremely good bargain and likely one of the best cosmetic buying choices you will make. Seriously. This palette is perfect for those who like matte eye shadows, for those that like a smoky eye and for those that like nude eye shadows. It is a 3-in-1 winner. Like Paula’s Choice on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PaulasChoice.Inc; Follow Paula’s Choice on Twitter: @paulaschoice; Subscribe to Paula’s Choice on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulasChoiceBeauty, Follow Paula’s Choice on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/paulaschoice/ and Follow Paula’s Choice on Instagram: http://instagram.com/paulaschoice#.

Until Next Time~

Marie

I Am THE Makeup Junkie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty