Laura Mercier was the official makeup sponsor of the Jenny Packham Spring/Summer 2015 Runway Show. This partnership represents the ultimate collaboration of chic, European sensibility and flawless red carpet glamour. As you will see below, the show’s lead MUA was Talia Shobrook. Her vision of the look is a “flawless bare” face.
Spring/Summer 2015 Collection
Look created by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Jenny Packham’s Spring/Summer 2015 Collection was inspired by legendary actress Marilyn Monroe, whose “images have, with their technicolor intensity, created this season’s colour palette.” The new collection evokes many of the most common adjectives used to describe Monroe - demure, confident and unmistakably seductive. The show’s lead makeup artist, Talia Shobrook, also channeled the icon in the creation of her look. Her vision is a “flawless bare” face, a modern take on Monroe’s look to showcase a healthy, beautiful flawless face.
Face: Flawless Face
· Talia prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, ($53), generously massaging it into the model’s face to awaken her complexion.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, ($33) to create an even canvas, and then covered minor skin imperfections as needed using Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, ($24).
· To highlight the cheekbone, Talia applied a combination of Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen, ($26) and Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, ($53).
· Lastly, she used shades from the new Laura Mercier Contour Kit, exclusive to Sephora in January, and Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, ($53) to contour the cheeks.
Eyes: Mysterious Eyes
· First, Talia applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Ginger, ($24) in the crease of the eyelids.
· Next, she swept Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle, ($24) on the lower lash line and the upper outside corner of the lash line, flicking it out very slightly.
· She then used Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen, ($26) all over the lid and underneath the eyebrow.
· Lastly, Talia rimmed the tear ducts with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Pink Opal, ($28) and filled in the models’ brows, customizing the shade to each girl to ensure a natural look.
Lips: Natural Lip