Poppy Delevingne at the 2016 Met Gala
Model and all around muse, Poppy Delevingne, was Met Gala red carpet ready in a beguiling, bejeweled Marchesa gown and a Rock Chick makeup look by Team Tilbury. Bringing the Manus X Machina theme to life with a hypnotizing network of beading and jewels adorning Poppy’s envious figure – this called for a look that straddled both the vintage and future beauty worlds. Charlotte wanted to channel the gilded, flawless skin of a silver screen siren juxtaposed with a sexy, smoky, silver-grey futuristic rock chick eye.
Charlotte Tilbury shared, “I love the idea of straddling two worlds – the vintage and the future. For Poppy’s look, my team created a futuristic metallic rock chick eye, paired with an update on the Old Hollywood Bombshell lip in my Matte Revolution lipstick: Glastonberry.”
Recreate Poppy’s red carpet look:
|Magic Foundation 05|
|Magic Eye Cream|
1. To prep Poppy’s skin and ensure a flawless canvas, the best-selling Magic Cream was massaged into the entire face and Magic Eye Rescue was used reinvigorate the eye area. Next, Wonderglow was used to create a flawless soft focus finish and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base for Magic Foundation, Shade 5. The foundation formula closes pores after application and doesn’t budge on the red carpet.
|Mini Miracle Eye Wand|
|Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro Powder|
2. Next, Mini Miracle Eye Wand in Shade 2 was applied underneath the eyes to bounce the light under Poppy’s eyes, cheating 8 hours of sleep, and then a light dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 1 Fair & 2 Medium was used to mattify the skin and create a red carpet-ready complexion.
Brow Lift in Brooke S was used to perfect the brows and frame Poppy’s mesmerizing eyes.
|Rock n' Roll Kohl|
|Colour Chamelon Eyeshadow Pencil|
4. For the vintage rock chick look, the lashes were lined with Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Diamonds, and the rock ‘n’ roll vibe was accented with Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Bedroom Black. The smokey, silver-grey eye was created with the Rock Chick Luxury Palette and finished with Charlotte’s trademark Hollywood flutter using her new mascara, Legendary Lashes (NEW – out in May 2016).
|Cheek to Cheek|
5. To add unbeatable highlight and subtle contour, the red carpet staple, Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium, was applied using the Powder & Sculpt Brush to highlight and sculpt Poppy’s beautiful face shape. Her complexion was finished with a swish and pop of Cheek to Chic Blusher in First Love for a luminous glow.
|Matte Revolution Lipstick|
6. Poppy’s lips were lined with Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Berry Naughty, followed by the deep berry Matte Revolution in Glastonberry.