Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Friday, January 27, 2012

KAT VON D TRUE ROMANCE PIGMENTS: REVIEW

101_0162101_0171101_0174101_0175
I am a sucker for two things: palettes and pigments. When I saw these Kat Von D pigments at Sephora, I immediately had to try them. I have four of them: Meditation (coppery rose shimmer), Rooftop (copper), Ladyhawke (plum shimmer) and Torment (iridescent purple shimmer). Torment is my favorite!
101_0163101_0122101_0149101_0124
For this look I wore Rooftop in the crease and took Ladyhawke to deepen the crease area. I then applied Ladyhawke on the outer lid and under the eye. I used Torment on the lid, but I used it wet because dry it wasn’t laying any color onto the lid. I then used Meditation under the brow. I applied a glittery liquid liner in Bronze from Victoria Secret onto the upper lid and used Cover Girl Lash Perfection in Brown for mascara. My blush is Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #1, a very light pink. Lips are Victoria Secret Dazzleshine Lipgloss in Dazzling Coco ( shimmering pink). I love the look on my eyes, especially the purple pigment.
Kat Von D items are available exclusively at Sephora stores and www.sephora.com. The pigments are $16.00 and I find them comparable to MAC pigments. I was a little disappointed that the purple one had to be used wet to get any color to lay down on the lid though. But when used wet the color was spectacular!

6 comments:

  1. My daughter loves the Kat Von D electric blue mascara. She's only 13, and very fair skinned, so it's a nice compromise to give her some color on her eyes, without looking tired or racooned like darker eyeliners or mascaras can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pigment! but which i love much more is the lipgloss! its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/ the comment above, the lips are AMAZING! I think they are the star of the post. Are you wearing just the gloss? beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear lipgloss over a light lipliner, Cover Girl Sublime. It is a light brown which I apply very lightly allovery my lips. Thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never see you smile in your post. How are the lipsticks, glosses and so forth? Do they dry your lips? Have you done post on Lip care?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually don't smile because I feel my smile is not my best feature. :) I will do a post on lip care, I am writing that down as something that is needed. I find that most lipsticks don't dry out my lips. There is only one brand I can think of that has very drying lipsticks and that is Illamasqua, but they make up for it in the great amount of pigmentation in their lipsticks. I wear lip balm under their lipstick to offset any dryness that might occur. I hope this answered some of your questions. Let me know if you have any more!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty