Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SMASHBOX BE DISCOVERED PALETTE FOR SPRING

101_0050101_0051101_0052101_0082

When I saw the palette that Smashbox had put out for spring, I knew I had to have it. The perfect blend of neutrals with a pop of color looked promising! When I received it yesterday I was very happy with how it looked. I thought that the shadows, while being very neutral, would give some nice looks. As you can see from the swatch photo, some of the shadows swatched very light. However, when I used them on my eye over a primer they turned out very nice. There are eight shadows in the palette: a matte dark cream tone, slightly shimmery medium pink, shimmery off white, shimmery dove gray, matte dark taupe brown, shimmery honey tone, matte gray brown and finally a shimmery lavender.

 

101_0054101_0069101_0071101_0067101_0075101_0076101_0080

 

For this look I used the matte dark taupe brown in the crease, then took the matte gray brown and used it under that color to define the crease more. I used the matte gray brown in the outer corner of the lid and under the eye. I used the shimmery lavender on the lid and the shimmery dove gray under the brow. I used an older liquid liner from Urban Decay called Ecstasy (bright purple) and Maybelline Lots of Lashes mascara in black. Overall it gave my eye a light, nice spring look without being too dramatic.

On my cheeks I used the new Revlon Photoready Blush in Pink. On my lips I used Smashbox’s Photofinish Lipstick in Beautiful, which is a gorgeous light pink coral. Overall the look says spring without being too heavy. I am very happy with it.

The Be Discovered Palette retails for $44.00 and is available at www.smashbox.com, www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com and www.beauty.com. The lipstick retails for $19.00 and is also available where Smashbox is sold online. Questions or comments, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty