Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BRINGING BACK A CLASSIC: URBAN DECAY’S ALICE IN WONDERLAND PALETTE!

101_0322101_0323101_0320101_0321
When you have as many palettes as I do, you have to go back to the older ones now and then to get some use out of them. Today I wanted to use a classic: Urban Decay’s Alice in Wonderland palette. I was a big fan of Tim Burton’s interpretation of the book and I really loved Urban Decay’s palette. The colors are phenomenal, bright and they scream: use me!

101_0324101_0331101_0353101_0347101_0334
I decided to have a bright eye look today. Even though I have greenish-blue eyes, bright blue eyeshadow does look good on me. I Vorpal (shimmery medium gray) in the crease and Mushroom ( dark warm shimmery gray) on the outer part of the lid and under the eye. I put Alice (bright shimmery blue) and put that on the majority of the lid. I then put White Rabbit (shimmery, glittery cream) under the brow. Note: some of the colors are recycled Urban Decay shadows with new names. I don’t really care, as they colors are great and the payoff and pigmentation is wonderful! I lined the upper lid with Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Electric (shimmery turquoise) and for mascara I used MAC Haute and Naughty in Black.

On my cheeks I pulled out a really old Stila blush, Summer Bloom and used the Peach portion. On my lips I used MAC’s A Perfect Day from their Naturally collection. It is a peachy nude.

I think that sometimes we need to mix it up a little. I am tired of neutrals. I am looking forward to the spring color collections, especially MAC’s, as I see they are coming out with some cute stuff. January and February are always hard months. We find ourselves wishing for warm weather and lighter clothing. At least we can play with makeup to help ease the blues a little!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty