Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A LOOK FROM THE CRIMSOM AMULET COLLECTION INSPIRED BY THE MOVIE DARK SHADOWS BY NYX

100_1631100_1632100_1633

I happened to find this cute little palette one day on a trip to Ulta. For $24.99, NYX Cosmetics (www.nyxcosmetics.com) has created the new Dark Shadows palette with 24 eyeshadows, a mirror, three looks inspired by movie characters, black liquid eyeliner, HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base, five blushes, a highlighter and four lipcolors.

100_1940100_1941100_1953100_1951100_1956100_1967100_1947

I wanted to mimic a look from the palette. I chose the Josette look. “The Romance continues with Josette’s amorous eyes and lustrous lips”. I chose the medium shimmery lilac color and used it in the crease. I then chose a dark shimmery burgundy tone and placed it just under that color to make the crease deeper and make my eyes look more deep set. Then I used a shimmery pink on the lid and a light shimmery pink under the brow. Under the eye I used a matte medium brown to line the eye. No liner was used. For mascara I used Maybelline’s Lots of Lashes Great Lash in Black.

On the cheeks I took the bright shimmery large pink blush and used in all over the cheeks and then used the highlighter on top of that. For the lips I used the creamy mocha pink color.

The look is innocent and airy. I find it very pretty. Again, would love to hear your comments. Let me know if you have seen the palette or have it and have tried the products. I find the shadows to be of better than average quality for this price. The blush was definitely pigmented and the lipcolors were also pigmented. I am definitely liking this palette so far!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I usually fallback on the Angelique type look, but should probably try the Dr. Hoffman colors. The more subtle colors don't work well on my olive skin.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty