Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, July 30, 2012

Anastasia She Wears It Well Palette: Nude Meets Knockout!

100_4714100_4715100_4716
Okay, so by now if you read regularly you know that I have a huge thing for eyeshadow palettes. I adore them. When I was offered the chance to review this one, I jumped on it because I had seen it and adored it from afar!
Anastasia Beverly Hills (www.anastasia.net) was started by Anastasia Soare, who is an expert brow guru to the stars in Los Angeles. For years her products have been perfecting brows, with kits available on www.anastasia.net. Recently she decided to branch off into eye shadow and I can say I am very happy with the results. Her eyeshadows are soft, pigmented and have little to no fallout. I have tried some of the duos and love them. For fall Anastasia Beverly Hills has put out the She Wears It Well palette ($34.00, www.anastasia.net, www.sephora.com) a beautiful combination of 9 shadows where “nude meets knockout”.
100_4750
This palette has 3 mattes and 6 shimmers. In the above photo you can see swatches of each color from the left of the palette all the way to the right. The only color that was really hard to photograph was Frosting. All the others looked okay.
100_4726100_4727100_4749100_4734100_4731
For my “She Wears It Well” look I chose: Toffee (matte taupe brown) in the crease, Foxy (shimmery reddish bronzy brown) on the outer edge of the lid and under the eye. Then I used Sunset (shimmery light bronze brown) on the lid up into the crease) and Frosting (light shimmery pink) under the lid). For mascara I used Maybelline’s Great Lash Lots of Lashes in Black.
100_4759100_4720
I wanted a good nude look, so I chose to do a shaped cheek. I used MAC’s Sculpting Powder (Sculpt, light matte tan) and Shaping Powder (Accentuate, peach shimmer) to create the look of higher cheeks. On a trip to Canada recently I found L’Oreal Glam Shines, so I used one (Dolce Pralina, nude with silver shimmer) on my lips. I used to love these and I am hoping they bring these back to the states!
I love the look that the She Wears It Well shadows bring to my eyes today. I get a good nude but defined eye. The colors I chose help bring out the green in my eyes, but the colors are so varied I can see them being good for any eye color. This palette is a winner because the shadows are pigmented (always a good thing in my book) and the colors are so varied even though they are nude toned. I think $34.00 is a good price too for 9 shadows. I have seen many other palettes that are much more expensive with less quality and not as many shadows. All of the Anastasia products I have used are of the highest quality. I would love to hear some comments!

Below are some Anastasia Beverly Hills products that are loved by celebrities. Take a look at the profiles...




2 comments:

  1. love those colors.. i especially love the lip color you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love this palette. I got the lip color in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty