Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

MAC Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator: Review

100_3785
If you know me then you know I love, soft, supple, smooth exfoliated skin. MAC is not really known for having the best skincare on the market but every so often they bring out their Volcanic Ash Exfoliator ($28.00, www.maccosmetics.com) which is very popular and sells out all the time. I am slow to get to purchase it and I end up pouting profusely. This time I was able to get it right out of the gate and I am sooooooooooo glad I did! I must warn you: this is me without makeup looking like hell!
100_3786
When you first put it on, the scrub comes out like petroleum with rocks in it. I swear I am not making that up. It is like black tar. The instructions read to smooth a small amount evenly over clean, moist face or body (I would not waste this over body skin, it’s too precious for that) and to wash off with warm water. I leave it on for a while and then scrub it after I am done waiting so that it does help to exfoliate more. Oh my, let me say that the feeling it leaves is so nice. My skin is pretty soft and smooth for my age but it leaves it feeling almost like a baby’s butt! The main exfoliating ingredient is sucrose (a fancy name for sugar). I like that they use this instead of beads or other harsh exfoliants, so that the skin is scrubbed gently. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a good exfoliant that will leave their skin soft and supple. Just a couple of notes: don’t use a white washcloth to remove the scrub and it does have a strong herbal odor (listed as parfum in the ingredients). It’s not that bad, but not as pleasant as it could be. I still like the product overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty