Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: Cinderella Storybook Eyeshadow Palette a Sephora Beauty Insider Exclusive

DSC06780DSC06788

Darn it! . Disney is at it again. My favorite place on earth decided to team up with my favorite store (Sephora). What was the result? A cute eyeshadow palette that is drool worthy and has eyeshadows named for all the moments and characters in the movie. This palette is for Beauty Insiders only and available in Sephora stores in early October. The palette is $55.00.

DSC06793DSC06797

This is a very luxuriuous eyeshadow palette. The outside has a drawing of Cinderella with original artwork from Disney. A velveteen tray holds 20 eyeshadows all with names inspired by the movie. The first picture above has swatches from the first 10 eyeshadows and the second picture has the second ten.

From the 1st photo: Maiden (shimmery glittery cool purple), All Aglow (shimmer warm copper), Destined (shimmery cool mermaid pearl), Cinderelly (matte seafoam), Pumpkin Coach (glitter gold), Ball Gown (shimmery light blue pearl), Kill Joy (shimmery gray silver), Fairy Godmother (shimmery periwinkle), Glass Slipper (shimmery light blue), Royal (matte bright blue.

From the 2nd photo: Gus Gus (shimmery gold), Charming (shimmery champagne), Chateau (shimmery reddish brown, Palace (shimmery rose gold), Drizella (shimmery medium brown gold), Cinders (shimmery black with gold glitter), Jaq (matte mauve with gold shimmer), Midnight (shimmery midnight blue with glitter light blue), A Wish (shimmery cream), Rococo (matte eggplant with glitter)

DSC06832

I decided to do a look with these shadows to check the pigmentation, fallout, etc. on skin. I am not sure who how these go on and if they are really good, so I want to get a good sense of how these are. The swatches have very good pigmentation so I have high hopes for the shadows. I used Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance as a primer. In the crease I used Palace. On the outer edge of the lid and under the eye to line I used Rococo then I tool Ball Gown and used it on top to add shimmer. On the lid I used Fairy Godmother and Glass Slipper with Ball Gown on top. Under the brow I used Ball Gown. I lined the upper lid with Make Up For Ever’s Aqua liner No.5 (shimmer blue). On my cheeks I used a light pink blush (Illamasqua’s Tremble) and lips are a very shimmery pink (Maybelline’s Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Almond Crush).

DSC06826DSC06814DSC06815DSC06824DSC06823DSC06822

What is the verdict on this little set? The darker colors are great of course. Dark shimmery colors are usually easy to produce. The medium colors are okay. It seems that the lighter ones are a little harder to see on the eye. I really went hard on application and as you can see, they are hard to see. I think that the Beauty Insider reviews are pretty much “pro” on this: four and five stars. I would give it three stars. I want the shimmers to show up more. When I swatched them with the Q-Tips, I had to dig in pretty hard. And when I went to use the blue tones on my eye, they barely showed up. Even without the camera, I am looking at my eyes right now and I can barely see the blues. For such an expensive set, I think it might be a no go for some of you unless you are really in the mood for a collector’s item.

Also, I would like to announce that I was chosen to be one of Too Faced Cosmetics Beauty Bloggers of the month Level 3. They really liked my review of the Shadow Bon Bons (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-shadow-bon-bons-for.html). For me this a great honor! Too Faced is a wonderful cosmetic company. I adore their items and I have plans to review more of the holiday line.

BBOM_Badge_2012_10_Level3_SM

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway, I am receiving entries until the 10th. (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/09/reader-giveaway-ease-frizz-this-fall.html)

2 comments:

  1. This palette makes me so sad, Sephora never sends me VIB-related stuff anymore! The palette has some gorgeous colors though and the lip gloss is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it had been sent to me too! I never get things sent to me, even though I spend a lot of money there. The lipgloss is from Maybelline's new line, I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty