Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Friday, November 9, 2012

Review: Revlon Photoready Primer+Shadow

DSC08205
I have long been a fan of drugstore cosmetics, after all I started off my obsession with the great brands like Revlon, L’Oreal and Maybelline. Over the years these brands have had their ups and downs, with sub-par products and ideas that just don’t make it. Plus their prices are climbing so fast that they are almost costing as much the higher end brands. I feel that if they are going to cost this much then they need to have great quality. I don’t want to spend this kind of money for junk!
I saw that Revlon had a display of some new eyeshadows. These have a primer included, which is nice. The shadows also have a numbering system included so that you can see which shadow goes in a certain spot. (Seriously, who doesn’t know this? There are a few out there I guess.) It also has a small pot of sparkle top coat. I purchased two of them, Pop Art (olive greens) and Bohemian (turquoise, peach and brown). For this review I will be discussing Pop Art.
DSC08207DSC08212
The colors in the Pop Art palette are olive green based, there is a shimmery white primer, shimmery olive-blue lid tone, shimmery dark olive brown crease tone, shimmery cream under brow tone and a very shimmery green sparkle top coat. I applied the colors as numbered. The primer went on very nicely. The other shadows also had great pigment with little to no fallout, except for the sparkle top coat. I tried to use that in the middle of my lid and it added nothing. It also had a lot of fallout! I did notice that after a few hours there is some minor creasing to the lid. That is not good news.
DSC08225DSC08242DSC08218DSC08222DSC08239
These photographs show the eyeshadows first thing in the morning, 7:00 am. They have good pigmentation, no fallout, etc. In my opinion everything looks pretty good.
DSC08255DSC08254
Here you have my eyes at 10 am. There is already some fading and creasing. As you can see, this is not good! In my opinion that is not a good thing and makes these not worth the money at all. They don’t even make it through three hours without creasing and fading!!!!!
These are available at RiteAid for $8.95. But, I am not recommending them. Save your money for a Revlon lipstick instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty