Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review: SEPHORA+Pantone Universe Illuminating Primer

DSC08548

During the SEPHORA Friends and Family event, I purchased a number of the Pantone Universe products. I am curious about their quality. I like the colors they provide and get all caught up in the hype. The reviews on the SEPHORA+Pantone Universe Illuminating Primer were pretty good, so I thought I would try it for myself. It does not contain any silicones, which is a HUGE plus for those who are allergic to them, or breakout from them. Surprisingly, it does contain lactic acid, which is an exfoliant. It’s far down on the list of ingredients, so I am expecting it to be in the 5% range. At least it offers some treatment while it illuminates!

DSC08550DSC08552

The primer comes in a pot, 1 oz./ 30 ml. The pot is fairly large and heavy. As you can see, the product is a pearly white cream but is very light. SEPHORA describes it as an aqua mousse but I think it feels more like a very light cream. I applied it on my face and it sunk in immediately. It left a hint of light pink shimmer on the skin. Under the primer I had applied sunscreen, but my skin did not feel heavy with both the sunscreen and primer. It has a pleasant floral scent. My skin did not have that slippery feel that is normally associated with primers that have silicones in them, which is good. My foundation went on smoothly and I did not have any heavy, shiny look to my face afterwards. I think this is a winner and the price point is good too. The SEPHORA+Pantone Universe Illuminating Primer is available from SEPHORA stores and www.sephora.com for $13.00.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like it has heavy shimmer at all and how cute is the packaging. I always tend to fall for great packaging :)Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what made me fall for it! I was tired of all the heavy silicone primers.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty