Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

DSC00138

I was very excited to find this foundation the other day in Walgreens ( I live in Walgreens to pick up medicine). I also found a new mascara, concealer balm and eyeliner that I will be reviewing! This foundation claims to be long lasting, a primer and a concealer all in one. Oh! And it is supposed to be shine free. Those are pretty strong claims.

Interestingly, it has ensulizole (also known as Phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid), in it for broad spectrum SPF 20. I am happy that it has at least that much, over the usual SPF 15. The sunscreen agent, formerly known as phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid. Ensulizole is the established name that must be used on sunscreen labels (Source: www.fda.gov). It is primarily a UVB-protecting sunscreen agent, providing only minimal UVA protection (www.paulaschoice.com). It is usually paired with another sunscreen agent and feels lighter on the skin. It is used because it provides a non-greasy finish. Titanium dioxide is listed as an ingredient, but not for a sunscreen agent.

DSC00139DSC00143

Swatching, you can see that the foundation is very thick. I picked up 805 Ivory. When spread out the foundation looked very thick and the coverage looked good. I had hopes for it on my face. I then applied two good sized pumps on my Beautyblender sponge and used dots on the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks. I always spread out from the inside outwards. The foundation is one that is long lasting, so you have to work quick. I did find that it didn’t dry as quickly as I expected. Unfortunately I didn’t get the coverage I expected either. I might have to try more pumps? I really don’t have much to cover up, there are some freckles up on my forehead and a red patch on my chin from a previous pimple, but I expected those to be covered. I ended up using concealer for the red patch. And you will see the freckles in the photographs. I was kind of disappointed. The color match was great though, not too yellow or too dark.

DSC00173DSC00191DSC00167DSC00184DSC00201DSC00206

As you can see from the photos above, there is fairly good coverage from the foundation.The best thing is the coverage can be increased without the foundation feeling cakey. I wouldn’t give it 5/5, more along the lines of 4/5. I ended up using the Cover Girl Olay Concealer Balm I am going to review for the red patch I mentioned. In the last photograph you can see the freckles on my forehead (all due to sun damage from my youth, I’m not a real redhead). The primer idea? One of the top ingredients is dimethicone. So it has some slip to it. However, usually with a primer you want it to dry down first so your skin is ready to receive the foundation. Instead with this, the dimethicone is acting to provide the slip in the foundation. I would think your skin still needs a moisturizer if it is dry. Not so much if it is oily.

Mainly what I like about this foundation is that it is a long lasting one. I need a good one for spring and summer. And it is light, the coverage can be light or heavy as needed. It did have a matte effect the majority of the day (until evening). For me this falls in the top 20 of my favorites right now. Really thing only thing that I didn’t like was that I needed to use the concealer. Otherwise I think it is not bad. This foundation is one of their better ones ($9.79 at drugstores such as Walgreens). Finally!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! New follower here! I stumbled on your blog while searching for other beauty bloggers! Just wanted to say hello and invite you to join in on my new makeup/beauty linky party! Feel free to link up a few new & old beauty posts. :) http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/2012/12/nye-makeup-inspiration-makeup-monday.html

    ~Maria-Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation! I find it goes on great with my real techniques stippling brush. I have a lot to cover, and it does the trick!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygsaz95041Y

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty