Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Funked Up Color Mineral Makeup

 

DSC02001DSC02003

I have a plethora of mineral eye shadows that sit in my makeup bins and sometimes I get them out to play. I love mineral eye shadows. They have some of the most beautiful sheens that cannot be found in other eye shadows. The other day I found a Twitter follower of mine by the name of @funkedupcolor. The owner Judy has been doing hair and nails for over 20 years, and as she went along in her career she developed an interest in color. With some encouragement from friends she developed her own mineral cosmetics company. This woman is living my dream. She has her own cosmetics company! How many people do you know that can say that? The focus of the line is color. Loads of beautiful color, mostly vegan, with few, if any extra additives.  Especially fun, bright colors!

DSC02000

The colors I tried were (above swatches are at left dry and right wet):

  • Bubble Gum (bright satin pink)
  • Poppin Pink (bright metallic pink)
  • Red (speaks for itself)
  • Party Time Purple (matte intense purple)
  • It’s A Grape Day (intense metallic purple)
  • Fuchsia Got Funk (pink with purple shift)

As you can see from the swatches they have different characteristics wet and dry. Most eye shadows do, mineral or not. These are fantastic this way.

DSC02034DSC02016DSC02036DSC01976DSC01986DSC01972

I used these colors on my eye for a look. I wanted a sunset look. I tried them dry and boy, they are intense!!!! I really like how pigmented they are. For my sunset look I fused: Fuchsia Got Funk in the crease, then took It’s A Grape Day and used it on the outer edge of the lid and lined under the eye with it. I Party Time Purple on the lid and then put Poppin Pink over that. Bubble Gum went under the brow. To line the upper lid I used MUFE’s liquid liner 11 and I used L’Oreal’s Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara in black. (I find that purples really bring the green out in my eyes, which are blue green. Green is opposite of purple on the color wheel). I did wear the eye shadows over L’Oreal’s Magic De-Crease Eyelid Primer, which I am testing too.

On my cheeks I used a similar plum color, Illamasqua’s Allure, a plum with silver shimmer. Then my lips I used L’Oreal’s Color Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Stubborn Plum, which I am testing out and finding out to be a nice color.

I want to promote any small business owner that is trying to make it in the world of cosmetics. Her products seem to be pretty good. The pigments go on very nicely but there is an issue of fallout, so make sure you either load the brush or tap gently it gently in the container to remove the excess. I had a lot of purple on my face under my eye. It seemed to be just the purple for some reason.

Funked Up Color Mineral Makeup is cruelty free and has many vegan shades. Her colors range from metallics to some in your face, screaming brights. They are $5.99 each. Here website is http://funkedupkolor.com

(these items were given for consideration)

4 comments:

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty