Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Sephora+Pantone Universe Color of the Year

spring beauty trends2

When I saw that Pantone had announced Emerald as its color of the year I almost did a cartwheel. Green is one of my favorite colors. Being a redhead I love to wear green eye shadow. And then Sephora collaborated with Pantone on their usual cosmetics. Drool worthy items!

I purchased almost the entire collection. If you look online there is a huge collection of Color of the Year items. I just wanted some of what I would look good in. I bought an Elemental Color Grid Shadow Block ($26.00), the Glitter Strobe Eyeliner Set ($18.00), the Color Theory Sculpting Blush ($24.00), Lightspeed Glitter Dust ($14.00) and the Color Cube Lid Liner Stain ($16.00).

DSC01709DSC01707DSC01710

DSC01791DSC01790

Every time Sephora puts out one of these Pantone Color of the Year collections, the items seem to get better and better. The eye shadow this time around has much better pigmentation than the last ones they put out. The shadows are soft, creamy and easy to put on, had very little fallout and they seem to last longer without fading. If you look below at the first photograph you can see that all of the colors swatch well, showing that each of the eye shadows have great pigmentation. The blush could not be swatched, it didn’t have much in the way of pigmentation that way but when I used my brush on it and swirled it around then applied it on my cheeks it looked very nice. You will see it in the pictures to follow later. So I am not disappointed in the blush at all.

The eyeliners are a set of mini vials of four different finishes. I like them because they adorable. There is matte, holographic shimmer, metallic (I am wearing in the photos below) and shimmer. The wear on them is great. After swatching they were hard to get off my arm. I washed and washed but the pigment stayed. Next is the glitter dust, which is of course a beautiful emerald green. The dust is not heavily pigmented like an eye shadow is. I would use it with a mixing medium to get some good wear out of it. Otherwise it ends up looking rather sheer like this. On the other hand, the Lid Liner Stain (last photo), is very pigmented and so beautiful. It can be used at a lid stain or as a liner. Personally I would like to use it as a liner. It is very creamy. Using it as a base for a shadow would be good too. The Lid Liner Stain is a nice product.

DSC01768DSC01780DSC01783DSC01785

So I decided to do a whole Emerald Color of the Year look. I was able to do everything except my lips. They didn’t have any green lip products. (Illamasqua did. They came out with Shoot lip gloss, a leafy green color to celebrate the Pantone Color of the Year!) For my look I used the shadow block and took the emerald color and used it all over my lid and lined under my eye. I used the medium satin warm oak color in the crease and I used the shimmery warm champagne color under my eyebrow. On the upper lid I took one of the emerald liquid eyeliners (metallic) and lined it. For mascara I used L’Oreal’s Telescopic Shocking Extensions in Black. On my cheeks I used the Color Theory Sculpting Blush. I mixed the two colors together and applied in the hollow of my cheeks (Sucking my cheeks in and then applying upwards and out, the technique that is popular now. Check out Illamasqua’s technique). I wanted a nude lip since my eyes are bright and I just bought some new lip glosses to review, so I used one of the new Khroma glosses from the Kardashian line. I used a light pink called Summer Honey (it smells like honey too!).

DSC01751DSC01731DSC01739DSC01740DSC01737

As I mentioned in the beginning, I am very happy with the progress of the Sephora+Pantone Color of the Year products. Every year they get better. This year the ones I used seem particularly great! I had ordered some lipsticks but they were discontinued before they ever came out (sad face). Sephora gets a lot of my money because they do a lot of things well. They listen to their customers and they have great products. Sephora is known for beauty. I have been a customer of theirs for many years and will be for as long as they continue to have products of this caliber. I would love to hear from those who have also ordered the Sephora+Pantone Color of the Year items or from those that have questions or comments about this look. These items can be ordered from www.sephora.com or purchased at Sephora stores.

 

5 comments:

  1. The Lid Liner stain looks fab. I agree, the green goes nice with your hair colour
    x

    Naomii
    http://www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely look, it looks great contrasted with your hair. I'm fascinated by the eyeliner being available in different finishes, it's such a fantastic idea!

    http://makeupmouse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the Glitter Strobe Eyeliner Set looks amazing! Love emerald!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm very happy with the green too, as it is very saturated. I think the Glitter Strobe Eyeliner set is awesome. The color is a nice green and you get it in four finishes, what's not to love?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty